New soon to be driver nyc location

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
9728FD2C-8DC0-444D-9500-20CBD40ACBCD.gif
I haven't ever drove..I filled out an application and they called me to be a driver..I completed boot camp and am set to start on Monday

opaitzdoni

went to a training facility and completed the course..passed the dok test and road test

The full, week long course?
I haven't ever drove..I filled out an application and they called me to be a driver..I completed boot camp and am set to start on Monday

So you’re freaking out for no reason.

Chill.

Im asking if there is anything i can do so i wont be randomly sent home. Someone told me there will be days that you will come in and be sent home

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What do you mean by cross the line august 1

Well, I'm retired, so I don't know squat anymore. But, from what I read here, UPS seems to be hiring a lot of new drivers.

Maybe because they finally realized they are really need. Or, because they are trying to build up a reserve of trained drivers, not yet in the union, before the possible strike at the end of July.

Who knows?

Just do as you are told to the best of your abilities, and maybe you'll make it.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Im asking if there is anything i can do so i wont be randomly sent home. Someone told me there will be days that you will come in and be sent home
You won't be "randomly " sent home. You would be sent home based upon volume fluctuations. You were given the advice to go in early every day that way if there are drivers with more seniority, or any seniority they may take the option of going home and allow you to work.
Everything at UPS is based upon seniority. So no matter how good you think you are, or how much "better" you are than the older drivers. Seniority rules.
Eddie is the President of your Teamster local 804........for now