New soon to be driver nyc location

opaitzdoni

That’s what I used to do, just show up and someone will go home, but that’s after you’re in the union. Until then, you should call in every morning to see if there’s work for you.

Is it true I will be under new contract and potentially be paid 15 a hr???

Box Ox

Do you think I should go for this career or not since the new contract will most likely not favor new drivers ??

I mean, I’d tell anybody who could do something else to not go for a UPS career. Whether the new contract would be worth it would of course be up to you.

My guess is that if there is a strike, management will tell you your qualification is contingent upon your line crossing when it’s time. I wouldn’t wanna be that guy. Especially up in NYC.

LongIslandNewbie

Hey guys so I'm supposed to start work on this Monday and I was told I have 70 days to do 40 days of probation...someone told me there will be times when I wake up early in the morning come in and told to go home?? Does this mean there is a good chance I wont get into the union because they will keep sending me home??
This month is my 3rd year with UPS, I made book 2 and a half years ago. You must know that it is rough on newbies. You will most def be sent home frequently. You must be willing to work hard and prove you can run. Once you are in the running can stop but to make book you have to have good numbers, don't get in any accidents, and don't be late. This job isn't for the lazy or weak minded.

opaitzdoni

This month is my 3rd year with UPS, I made book 2 and a half years ago. You must know that it is rough on newbies. You will most def be sent home frequently. You must be willing to work hard and prove you can run. Once you are in the running can stop but to make book you have to have good numbers, don't get in any accidents, and don't be late. This job isn't for the lazy or weak minded.

Thanks alot. Goodluck with everything

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just keep calm and work at a steady pace. Do not masturbate on lunch until you make book because afterwards you will get sleepy.
download-5.jpg