New things installed to prevent misloads

yeldarb

This week they are installing 4 sensors in every package car and they aren’t functional yet, but for those that have them, what is everyone’s thought? How do they work?

brown metal coffin

Its a great concept but I have found that the scanners / beacons are only as good as the loaders. If a good loader is motivated you will not see another misload or they will be far and few between. My personal experience has been really good with no misloads but the occasional pal flip does come through. Ive noticed a difference in my car but not sure about anyone else.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The only difference I’ve noticed is there is more crap stacked out when I get to work. The good loaders are still good, the bad loaders are still bad.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
i have not had one for two years, obviously you have to have halfway decent loaders
Or sups that load :censored2: into the trucks when ur not looking or clocked out,
Or drivers who pass off packages to other drivers and dont enter them in the diads,
Or addcuts that were done through dispatch after 6am and the loader not aware
Or.....

VeeTeeGee

We got ours a few months ago. It's pretty good for preventing misloads. It's great for finding bad SPAs. It's absolute :censored2: for production, assuming your place wasn't already there to begin with.

Elmo.goes.to.prom

The beacons don't work.
The hand scanners break constantly.
They don't prevent misloads.
The only benefit is to the customer so they can see where there package is when tracking it.

End of story.

Heavy Package

Monkey-Barcode-Scanner-88205.jpg

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The beacons don't work.
The hand scanners break constantly.
They don't prevent misloads.
The only benefit is to the customer so they can see where there package is when tracking it.

End of story.
“But it says right here on the UPS app that I had a pkg scanned and out for delivery”
Ma’am, your box in not on my truck, and not in my EDD. I don’t know what to tell you

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This week they are installing 4 sensors in every package car and they aren’t functional yet, but for those that have them, what is everyone’s thought? How do they work?
New? Our preload has been missorting with them for years.

The real truth is the suit monkeys overwhelm the loaders so they scan outside the trucks in an attempt to keep up. The result is missorts.

Zowert

It does help prevent misloads but at the cost of loading speed. You’re going to come in the morning to find preload way behind until they get used to the new system. Even then, it’s still going to take more time. I have had one misload per week, down from an average of 3 per day. But it’s cost us late air as we have been leaving the building 20-30 minutes later than normal.