new to bc

hey been on bc just lookin for a while thought id join up. been with ups for 3+ years now. gotta question though/ does anyone know what the pay is for driving school. ive heard it was a set amount but cant find it anywhere? appreciate the help...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hey been on bc just lookin for a while thought id join up. been with ups for 3+ years now. gotta question though/ does anyone know what the pay is for driving school. ive heard it was a set amount but cant find it anywhere? appreciate the help...

Are you talking package car or feeder driving school? I believe pkg car school is one week in length, which is paid (40 hours). You are also paid mileage, your motel is paid for and you get a daily meal allowance.

I am not familiar with feeder school but from what I have read on here it is also one week but it is not paid. Please correct me if I am wrong.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey workhorse987,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! If you post your question in the discussion forum you are likely to get more responses as well.:wink2:

brownrodster

What is your position? Full time driver. Air driver? You should get whatever the starting wage is for your classification. FT driver starting wage is in the 16.XX neighborhood right now. I think saturday Air driver is around 12-13.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are lucky. My scheister center manager never made that happen. But he eventually got his when they fired him for shamming up the numbers.

When I went to pkg school it was 2 weeks long. They put us 2 to a room in a motel with continental breakfast, gave us $10 a day to eat, and bought lunch on Friday. We rode with a driver on Thursday. We were paid mileage for 2 round trips. Easiest 2 weeks I ever spent at UPS.

We just had a new driver come back from school. It is only 1 week long but the rest has not changed. He is back driving a tug until Peak, when he will be thrown right in to the fire.

UpstateNYUPSer does it say somewhere that its 40 hours?

im currently working in preload. went to school to drive saturday air. they screwed up and didnt get my time in for school. so i was talking with a few of the people that are management and they said school is a guaranteed 37.5 or 40 hours. but the lady who did the training said i would only get 32.