New to UPS- question about seasonal drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Coffeefirstthentalk, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Coffeefirstthentalk

Coffeefirstthentalk New Member

Hi everyone! I just started a position as package handler. I'm wondering what the process is for becoming a driver's helper and or seasonal driver? Do I need to put my name on a list or something? Talk to a supervisor? Thanks everyone!

2. They usually put up a list. It's a bit too early for that right now. Peak is a cuss word around here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Rutherford B Hays

Rutherford B Hays gun accipere, et abire cannoli

Talk to HR about the helper position in September to let them know that you are interested. Seasonal driver they will put up bid sheets for those interested in doing it. Ask around where they will put those up in your facility, sometimes they will have sheets up to work extra shifts . It's good information to have knowing where they are located

4. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

They have a few seasonal drivers in the summer. Find out where they post jobs in your building

5. Coffeefirstthentalk

Coffeefirstthentalk New Member

Thanks everyone for the information. I appreciate the help!

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The list is up for seasonal drivers in my building right now. Pretty sure I saw a PTer taking his driving test on Friday.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Talk to RH

8. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

Can you drive an automatic?

9. Yes

10. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

Start by draining all the automatic transmission fluid then rev her up real good on the freeway.