New Uniforms?

DorkHead

Does anyone know when we will be able to buy the cotton polo shirts with the new shield logo? My old ones are really showing their age and I hate wearing the short sleeve polyester ones. It`s like wrapping yourself in plastic during the summer!

SmithBarney

I don't know who designs them but I have three pair of pants all the same size from the same order, and they are all cut differently...
Hello, I could really care less about if its "MADE in the USA" if its not quality
it really doesn't matter.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
I don't know who designs them but I have three pair of pants all the same size from the same order, and they are all cut differently...
Hello, I could really care less about if its "MADE in the USA" if its not quality
it really doesn't matter.

yeah made in usa (in da sweat shops)

Cementups

Box Monkey
I wouldn't mind getting a windbreaker like they used to offer but all apparel other than what UPS gives us no charge has been discontinued except for socks.

vbmiked

Search the outlet and Golf stores, find an embroidery business on a drivers route and have the put on the logo for you. I did this with a couple of all brown adidas golf shirts I picked up at the Adidas outlets. Bought 4 shirts took them to the taylor, had them cut up 1 of the shirts to make pockets for the others. Then I got them embroidered were management gets there shirts done. Very comfortable and drove the other drivers in my center crazy! Just keep searching for all brown they pop up when you least expect it!

ncamara

Search the outlet and Golf stores, find an embroidery business on a drivers route and have the put on the logo for you. I did this with a couple of all brown adidas golf shirts I picked up at the Adidas outlets. Bought 4 shirts took them to the taylor, had them cut up 1 of the shirts to make pockets for the others. Then I got them embroidered were management gets there shirts done. Very comfortable and drove the other drivers in my center crazy! Just keep searching for all brown they pop up when you least expect it!

Why go through all of that hassle and money when the uniforms they provide us are free?

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Well, one of the main reasons people get altered uniforms is because UPS went cheap. Hate the damned iron on transfers. Just makes us look cheap. Loved the old embroidered uniforms and hats. I wear a Nascar hat most of the time. Found one that's mostly brown with a slight yellow stripe and nice embroidered logo.

I would love to have them bring the accessorie program back full swing. Have one of the command vests, lots of the polos, and misc gear (bought almost all of it with the old points program, so no cost out of my pocket). Just a very sharper look for those of us who still wear the uniform with pride (and yes, there are some newer drivers who have no sense of pride in their appearence).

Ms Spoken

I still have 4 of the two tone old shield polo's in a size M that I cant wear and they are in great shape. But, here is the problem I bought them with my own money but, I cant sell them on e-bay. So I guess they will just hang in the closet another year in hopes that I can get back into them.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
I still have 4 of the two tone old shield polo's in a size M that I cant wear and they are in great shape. But, here is the problem I bought them with my own money but, I cant sell them on e-bay. So I guess they will just hang in the closet another year in hopes that I can get back into them.

I believe that is your property since you bought them with your money. That is probably why the driver accessory program was done away with in the first place. Who knows you may want to try to contact ups to see if they would want to buy back those items.....

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
You can sell those actually. They aren't owned by UPS. I agree, probably why they did away with the program, since they couldn't keep ahold of what went where and when. Remember when we first got our shorts? We had to buy them, they weren't issued (or company issue). Remember we had to dress at work, since we weren't allowed to wear our uniforms home (well, the pants that is). But since they shorts weren't company property, we were allowed to wear them home (at least at our center anyways). Only thing I hated was first shorts I got (in fact first pair I wore) I tore in the first week. Had to pay myself to have them fixed. Glad when they went to actual "issued" shorts. Since all I wear is shorts, nice knowing I don't have to replace them myself.