New Video! Can mistakes on your Grievance cost you YOUR job?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
50% plus one

Who determines whether "good cause" has been shown in order to trigger one of these steward elections?

....and doesn't your President still have the option to appoint and remove a steward under this language?

Screenshot (78).png

RoswellHub

Who determines whether "good cause" has been shown in order to trigger one of these steward elections?

....and doesn't your President still have the option to appoint and remove a steward under this language?

View attachment 472245
It's very common to let the president have that power incase a steward brings reproach onto a member.

In the end of the day if a president starts removing good stewards and denying elections to bad ones it will cost them a local election. But I do get why it would be of concern for members. We honestly need these bylaws in place to help build a road map for the members.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's very common to let the president have that power incase a steward brings reproach onto a member.

In the end of the day if a president starts removing good stewards and denying elections to bad ones it will cost them a local election. But I do get why it would be of concern for members. We honestly need these bylaws in place to help build a road map for the members.
If this proposed amendment passes and becomes part of your bylaws, who determines whether "good cause" has been shown in order to trigger one of these steward elections?

My local has long elected stewards in workgroups of 10 or more employees (and pays their monthly dues for them), while the EBoard reserves the right to appoint and remove stewards as well.

....so I am not asking these questions in opposition of your mission.

RoswellHub

If this proposed amendment passes and becomes part of your bylaws, who determines whether "good cause" has been shown in order to trigger one of these steward elections?

My local has long elected stewards in workgroups of 10 or more employees (and pays their monthly dues for them), while the EBoard reserves the right to appoint and remove stewards as well.

....so I am not asking these questions in opposition of your mission.
Sorry man there was a lot to unpack there. So it might of come off wrong. When we were drafting up the bylaws change we brought it to our labor attorney to clean up. The "good cause shown" would fall back on the president of the local.

Commercial Inside Release

What if you got fired from UPS, then bought a Wendy's (not a McDonald's.)?

The most profitable franchises as measured by the time it takes to make the initial investment back are:
Express Employment Professionals.
RE/MAX.
Wendy's.
Chick-Fil-A.
Ace Hardware.
UPS Store.
Matco Tools.
McDonald's.

I could see @MECH-II working as a tool pusher.