New Video! Contract FAQ

Pullman Brown

We sort of got a hold of 6th punch but not a total grasp.
Our local is not strong whatsoever but so many low seniority people who are at that threshold where they aren’t being laid off on mondays but forced to work saturdays as “standby” in case of call outs finally stood up for themselves.
Requesting 8 hours everytime they got scheduled as “standby” or “working” and being paid out on it and filing for not having appropriate notice for added days and also on our center not having the filled ratio of 22.4s to rpcd. They finally got rid of that “scheduled working” section because management got tired of the grievances.

Band together and :censored2: gets done

That’s what we’re doing. Drowning them with grievances on article 3 and article 22.

Family

Have the UAW made gains? How about the railroad union. If any other unions made gains what should highly productive UPS Teamsters gain? These are human dignity issues. Let's see how much they care. Don't tell me you love me, show me you love me.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
That’s what we’re doing. Drowning them with grievances on article 3 and article 22.
How is article 3 have reference for saturdays for you? You have supervisors running routes or something? Or y’all just filing 3 in general.
I’m specifically talking about saturdays alone.
You also need to see your local agreement on how many rpcd your center is agreed to having because the number of 22.4s is a percentage of that.

Pullman Brown

How is article 3 have reference for saturdays for you? You have supervisors running routes or something? Or y’all just filing 3 in general.
I’m specifically talking about saturdays alone.
You also need to see your local agreement on how many rpcd your center is agreed to having because the number of 22.4s is a percentage of that.

Supervisors working during the week means the company isn’t staffing the operations appropriately which dovetails into the company committing to getting less RPCDs off Saturdays. Trying to force them to waive the 25 percent 22.4 building ceiling! Anything to get more drivers.

Fido

Supervisors working during the week means the company isn’t staffing the operations appropriately which dovetails into the company committing to getting less RPCDs off Saturdays. Trying to force them to waive the 25 percent 22.4 building ceiling! Anything to get more drivers.
Which type of supervisors are working and what are they doing

Pullman Brown

I don’t know if y’all listened to the hour long earnings call but Carol said she doesn’t want anybody working six days unless they wanted too. She told investors that things needed to be tweaked and the company and union weren’t that far apart. Reading between the lines that sounds like more 22.4s and a percentage of RPCDS moving to T-Sat.

Thebrownblob

I don’t know if y’all listened to the hour long earnings call but Carol said she doesn’t want anybody working six days unless they wanted too. She told investors that things needed to be tweaked and the company and union weren’t that far apart. Reading between the lines that sounds like more 22.4s and a percentage of RPCDS moving to T-Sat.
Yeah, I heard the same thing.
I think a lot of this is preplanned, and only a few sticking points, we shall see.

Fido

I’d gladly volunteer being scheduled to work t-Saturday. Nothing but residential, no pickups. It’s cake and overtime.
I can get appointments and such easily done on mondays as well.

Sixth Punch Sense

Not how it works
Ups isn’t giving anything up without getting something in return
I understand what your saying, but disagree. If, big on the if, the company keeps pushing the TSP life work balance bull:censored2:. Then the first two are a non starter. $50 seems a bridge to far because the bargaining committee is focusing on :censored2: that doesn't matter

Thebrownblob

I understand what your saying, but disagree. If, big on the if, the company keeps pushing the TSP life work balance bull:censored2:. Then the first two are a non starter. $50 seems a bridge to far because the bargaining committee is focusing on :censored2: that doesn't matter
TSP will be right out the window just like it never materialize last year as soon as summer rolls around and vacations kick in. It’s easy to implement some nonsense plan when we’re out there going out with less than eight hours of work lots of the time.

Sixth Punch Sense

TSP will be right out the window just like it never materialize last year as soon as summer rolls around and vacations kick in. It’s easy to implement some nonsense plan when we’re out there going out with less than eight hours of work lots of the time.
I agree. The company thinks TSP is a bargaining chip but volume is so low that they don't even try to implement it.

They asked what I wanted for a pay day? I said 8 hours. Next day dispatched for 11.

Thebrownblob

I agree. The company thinks TSP is a bargaining chip but volume is so low that they don't even try to implement it.

They asked what I wanted for a pay day? I said 8 hours. Next day dispatched for 11.
You gotta use reverse psychology tell them you want to 12 hour plan and they’ll make it a seven hour plan lol