New Video! Contract Update! (Featuring Mystery Guest)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are dozens of pension plans around the country and they vary widely. What/where is the jointly trusteed UPS/IBT pension plan? The original crossed out amounts are our current pensions in Joint Council 83.
The joint would basically be the old central states right?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There are dozens of pension plans around the country and they vary widely. What/where is the jointly trusteed UPS/IBT pension plan? The original crossed out amounts are our current pensions in Joint Council 83.
Excellent question. How would this provision if approved impact these local pensions?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I don't understand why we can't all just get along. Share the wealth and keep on trucking. In 1997 the strike was mostly political b.s. A strike now would be so sad. NOBODY wins in a strike. MOST don't want a strike per my observation. The union was corrupt then and let's not start that :censored2: again. The union should concentrate on Amazon and Walmart and bring everyone up to middle class. Why keep hammering the one's providing a decent living?

“Mars Attack”…:alien:

DELACROIX

Excellent question. How would this provision if approved impact these local pensions?

Always been a problem..your pension benefits are not universal, one pension fund gets twice or even three X’s more than others with the same number of service years and age.

How can you call yourself a Union when we have members under the last Contract retiring with 40 full time years in and only getting 2,200 whereas others are leaving with over 7,000 a month…

Always been a problem..your pension benefits are not universal, one pension fund gets twice or even three X’s more than others with the same number of service years and age.

How can you call yourself a Union when we have members under the last Contract retiring with 40 full time years in and only getting 2,200 whereas others are leaving with over 7,000 a month…
Ow do you fix that mess?

DELACROIX

Ow do you fix that mess?

Apparently it was acceptable to the previous administrations…hate to say it but it was politically convenient to leave other members behind in order to get elected.

Maybe I am expecting too much from the International…from what I have seen the Company has been dictating our Contracts since the 1997 strike…

Article 34 Master spells out the monetary contributions that should of been going into our pension trusts..probably one of many reasons that O’Brien is negotiating the supplemental and riders first..

Apparently it was acceptable to the previous administrations…hate to say it but it was politically convenient to leave other members behind in order to get elected.

Maybe I am expecting too much from the International…from what I have seen the Company has been dictating our Contracts since the 1997 strike…

Article 34 Master spells out the monetary contributions that should of been going into our pension trusts..probably one of many reasons that O’Brien is negotiating the supplemental and riders first..
I guess we have to stay tuned

AKCoverMan

I was told by someone who would have direct knowledge that there were over 11,000 different proposals submitted to national committee. It’s an incredible process.