What is Carol and Brian’s new initiative?…Fit to serve….

Us uneducated Union folk has been seeing this for years. Remember all those employee surveys with slanted questions, they never asked about our opinions about corporate decisions, it was all about slamming our own operational team, totally ignored anything we said or asked how to improve our customer base and service.

Using the pandemic (act of god) as an excuse to get rid of those money back service failure saved them a ton of money and added to the stock margins considerably. Over the last 5 years they upped their rates and added more surcharges, Fed Ex and the Post Office did the same, it was a gravy train for all the common carriers. The stock before the pandemic in 2020 more than doubled at its peak and everybody was praising Carol for doing such a fine job when in truth it was circumstances surrounding the sudden surge of E-Commerce. The board had decided before the pandemic to downsize their management, they couldn’t do it because of the volume. Now that the pandemic is over they started it back up (Better not Bigger).

They decided to go third party with their operations, HR, Customer Service, UPS/ Access Stores and eliminate or cut hours at the local Union run Customer Counters and started to have the Customers pay for services that were free. We all seen just how many of our loyal customers have left because of these corporate decisions.

When the operational management started to complain they too were ignored or bullied, I seen 20 year district and regional managers suddenly quit for no reason. They saw the writing on the wall and they knew it was not worth it, better opportunities elsewhere.

I just touched on some of the high points of that article…it is worth a read…

:soapbox:
The last server I took I was a gay Hispanic bisexual

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Fit to serve will be drug testing for hourly union members. No costly harassment, no extra middle management needed to do ride alongs, in order to get rid of people.

Just a nice hair follicle drug test that will tell them what you've been doing all winter, spring & summer.
That would explain why Carol let us grow beards, need hair follicles for the bald guys.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Fit to serve" describes-deadweight non-union employees that will served up on a platter and tossed out like yesterday's garbage. Estimated savings is one billion.

6131040lgYlsB3H.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Fit to serve will be drug testing for hourly union members. No costly harassment, no extra middle management needed to do ride alongs, in order to get rid of people.

Just a nice hair follicle drug test that will tell them what you've been doing all winter, spring & summer.
If they did that at the building I retired from it would decimate the part time staff and quite a few of the full timers as well. It would be epic actually