New Video! Myths and Rumors about August 1st

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I give less than a crap about anything to do with the IBT. Im not taking sides I hate them and UPS equally.
I’ve worked here part time for over 6 years now. I’m probably gonna be leaving before all this comes to a head although my curiosity is the only thing making me wanna stick around
Screenshot_20230424_193252_Google.jpg

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
lol nothings going to happen aug 1st

just like everyone thought the power would go out forever for Y2K

😂✊
Quite possible you'll be technically correct. In '97 the union waited until August 4th to strike :raspberry-tounge:. You do realize there were plenty of people that said exactly, "nothings going to happen aug 1st?" They were wrong, and unprepared. I'm not saying something IS going to happen, but it's always best to be prepared than to be caught with your pants down.

As for Y2K, major disaster was averted because a lot of work was done behind the scenes starting 10 years earlier to avert catastrophe. You're acting as if nothing would have happened had that work not been done in advance. It was going to be way more than a power issue too. Y2K was handled nothing like UPS contract negotiations that generally have little progress until the deadline.

textat3

Do not be a scab. There are going to be drivers going out to meet the scabs on area to provide counseling services to scab. Do not be the guy. Seriously.