New video! Unreported accidents, a job killer!

Thebrownblob

Well...

Gosh...I got the feeling you were inferring I was a rat bastard......come on....that seems judge mental to me...eh?

The question to me was "Did you see anything?" and "What would you say?" I said I'd tell the truth. The question was vague.

My answer was just as vague. And then you questioned.....no flat out attacked me.

Let's not go down the hydration thread toilet.....

We were having a somewhat civil conversation.
I might have inferred that and I could be wrong as well.😂

Thebrownblob

And speaking of differing outcomes at panel.....some would say this smacks of collusion......conspiracy....you know trading one case(member) for another? Oh? Say, a guy that files a lot......and bitches at the Union Admin. at meetings.....then has an accident say.....not unlike any other(there all a little different) and he never comes back....
I don’t know if I would say collusion but I would never tell someone their best bet is to go to a panel. You’re allowing random people who probably don’t know you on both sides decide if you should have a job or not. I would much rather come to an agreement before the panel on a termination. Not to mention there’s been people on panels I don’t always care for. It’s an imperfect system for sure. Having said that I do believe the panel gets most of it right.

Thebrownblob

Well...

Gosh...I got the feeling you were inferring I was a rat bastard......come on....that seems judge mental to me...eh?

The question to me was "Did you see anything?" and "What would you say?" I said I'd tell the truth. The question was vague.

My answer was just as vague. And then you questioned.....no flat out attacked me.

Let's not go down the hydration thread toilet.....

We were having a somewhat civil conversation.
The hope would be you would have a off the record conversation perhaps with a steward or another hourly with the employee in question about being safe without jeopardizing their livelihood. And if that isn’t that what you meant then I stand corrected.

Brownwind

Our steward says they welcome in cab cameras.....will make us safer....
I respectfully disagree with your steward. I obviously don’t know the full version of the reason behind that reasoning. It took me a while but I almost welcome an outward facing camera.
Please remember I’m an older driver adjusting to all the changes taking place. Sometimes I take a step back and have to scratch my head and think about it.

Man I’m getting old…

Thebrownblob

I respectfully disagree with your steward. I obviously don’t know the full version of the reason behind that reasoning. It took me a while but I almost welcome an outward facing camera.
Please remember I’m an older driver adjusting to all the changes taking place. Sometimes I take a step back and have to scratch my head and think about it.

Man I’m getting old…
I personally agree with you on the outward facing camera. But I can understand why some do not,I have seen other companies use them and save drivers jobs with them. I’m a professional driver I’m really not worried about what they see facing forward, but I feel the inward facing camera or motion detector whatever you want to call it it’s just BS big brother nonsense.

Brownwind

I personally agree with you on the outward facing camera. But I can understand why some do not,I have seen other companies use them and save drivers jobs with them. I’m a professional driver I’m really not worried about what they see facing forward, but I feel the inward facing camera or motion detector whatever you want to call it it’s just BS big brother nonsense.
Thank you for your response and balanced response.
Agree with you on being professional. We’re a dying breed. I’m all about protecting my reputation and the company’s. It would be foolish of me to hurt my meal ticket.
I don’t fully understand why watching me drive 12 hrs a day helps anyone. I’m a boring old guy who occasionally sings to himself. I didn’t get the fancy patch on my jersey from driving unsafe.

qdg2

The hope would be you would have a off the record conversation perhaps with a steward or another hourly with the employee in question about being safe without jeopardizing their livelihood. And if that isn’t that what you meant then I stand corrected.
Well...you don't know me.

I ALWAYS try to visit with a fellow employee...now, lot's of times they don't appreciate that. I've seen plenty hang themselves with persistent unsafe, illegal, all manner of people doing stupid stuff.

Have walked away many times......and yes, such behavior leading to a fatality. But hey, we can't say anything....eh?

I will say, I won't tolerate someone endangering ANYONE....up to and including whatever it takes.

I talked with a driver(s) about unauthorized riders....even on property. Know of someone termed for that. Most folks just blow ya off......shrug.

qdg2

Thank you for your response and balanced response.
Agree with you on being professional. We’re a dying breed. I’m all about protecting my reputation and the company’s. It would be foolish of me to hurt my meal ticket.
I don’t fully understand why watching me drive 12 hrs a day helps anyone. I’m a boring old guy who occasionally sings to himself. I didn’t get the fancy patch on my jersey from driving unsafe.
You do realize folks make fun of and belittle, disrespect Circle of Honor drivers(lot of jealousy).

In cab cameras are much more sinister than "just watching you" 12 hours away.

Thebrownblob

Well...you don't know me.

I ALWAYS try to visit with a fellow employee...now, lot's of times they don't appreciate that. I've seen plenty hang themselves with persistent unsafe, illegal, all manner of people doing stupid stuff.

Have walked away many times......and yes, such behavior leading to a fatality. But hey, we can't say anything....eh?

I will say, I won't tolerate someone endangering ANYONE....up to and including whatever it takes.

I talked with a driver(s) about unauthorized riders....even on property. Know of someone termed for that. Most folks just blow ya off......shrug.
I don’t know you personally. I do know you said you take safety serious I have no reason to not believe you.

If you gave someone advice and they don’t accept that’s their fault. you’ve got many years under your belt and they would be wise to at least listen. And I would never tell Anyone to tolerate someone endangering them. There’s lots of things we can keep in house. The ones that don’t want to listen are on their own eventually.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I’ve been involved in a case where they were blatantly stealing time by taking turns clocking each other in and a camera caught them. One guy admitted to everything the other did not. The guy who admit it got fired the guy who did not kept his job. Both should’ve been fired imo but that’s just how the cookie crumbles.
We had that here recently and both got fired because caught on camera in the building

Brownwind

You do realize folks make fun of and belittle, disrespect Circle of Honor drivers(lot of jealousy).

In cab cameras are much more sinister than "just watching you" 12 hours away.
Appreciate your response and honesty. Definitely makes it easy not worrying about it due to being incognito on this site. I fully recognize that I’m made fun of. More than a few times a week I chuckle when I’m called lazy because of my route. (At the same time the cover drivers are literally fighting to cover my route) I’m at peace with it when I cash my check and am able to enjoy a peaceful weekend.

Again I visit the BC to figure out what is going on in the company around me. I’m in a bubble with my peach route and retirement a few years off. Definitely a rough path taken.

qdg2

Appreciate your response and honesty. Definitely makes it easy not worrying about it due to being incognito on this site. I fully recognize that I’m made fun of. More than a few times a week I chuckle when I’m called lazy because of my route. (At the same time the cover drivers are literally fighting to cover my route) I’m at peace with it when I cash my check and am able to enjoy a peaceful weekend.

Again I visit the BC to figure out what is going on in the company around me. I’m in a bubble with my peach route and retirement a few years off. Definitely a rough path taken.
I KNOW I earned my 30+ Circle of Honor. No apologies about it. Blood, sweat and tears.