New year...new UPS

BUCN85

We have all heard the new rules that will be going on here..One of them is the running scratch or you get a production ride. From my understanding a production ride is a 3 day ride. I looked all over the contract and can’t find this language in the master or supplements. I’m in the central. Also it’s my understanding they can’t do more than 1 a year. Can anybody help me out finding the language regarding 3 day rides in Central?

WTFm8

Word of the same thing in central PA. National states 1 ride with 1 supervisor and it’s just your annual space/vidibility/knowledge.

File on harassment and oversupervision.

Don’t forget, when a supervisor is demonstrating the job you aren’t to also continue working, you become an observer of the methods/work to ‘learn’. Don’t let them tell you otherwise.

Any demonstration/ride-on days are not to be used to adjust metrics for the route either, especially make sure they aren’t going in the back assisting finding the next stop or organizing the load/shelves cause they continually fail to allow preload enough time.

A driver at my center heard the conference call and the manager asked how another building is getting away with it since it’s against the contract... said it’s only because nobody is complaning about it.

Last edited:

WTFm8

yeah, it’s funny when they do these rides you have about 40 less stops and your trucks completely organized..

If the load is magically perfect/under-dispatched, grieve when the SPORH is suddenly higher after and load continues being crap.

CFEBFDBC-B250-458A-B238-250A466EEB1A.png

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They target the weak,the stupid,and the fearful. Eff their 3 day OJS,just a Scare tactic. Work Safely and by the Methods , obey the speed limits,stay on designated walkways ,follow Orion and take your full lunch you will beat them at their own game.

BUCN85

A supervisor actually leaving the office for 3 days? LOL
Exactly. That’s why I’m looking for the language. I want our people to be informed if they get threatened with a ride to make sure management knows it’s going to be a 3 day ride and not just 1 day

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have all heard the new rules that will be going on here..One of them is the running scratch or you get a production ride. From my understanding a production ride is a 3 day ride. I looked all over the contract and can’t find this language in the master or supplements. I’m in the central. Also it’s my understanding they can’t do more than 1 a year. Can anybody help me out finding the language regarding 3 day rides in Central?
Lol. Ever time they OJS'ed me, I ran worse, not better. The key is to keep calm and focused on not letting them unnaturally speed you up.

rod

Retired 22 years

Those are not new rules. Every year after peak UPS reverts back to the stone age

WTFm8

They target the weak,the stupid,and the fearful. Eff their 3 day OJS,just a Scare tactic. Work Safely and by the Methods , obey the speed limits,stay on designated walkways ,follow Orion and take your full lunch you will beat them at their own game.

Technically designated walkways is a yard control rule... not a method from what I understand