New Year Resolutions

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Would anybody like to make and share with us your New Year Resolutions?

I enjoy challenges, so I'll make three. First, I'll try to keep my P700 out of people's driveways more. Second, I'll try to exercise my worn-out carcass more. Three, I'll try to spend more time with my family. What am I thinking, I work for UPS! I'll try to think of some others.....

DS

Fenderbender
I vow to make more music...I played a lot when I was younger and I have a recording program on my downstairs computer.I`ve been neglecting it and its starting to bug me.Instead of turning on the tv,after a hard days night I`m crackin a beer and going down to try to make some tunes.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am going to retire. I am going to spend more time with my family. I will not kick the dog when I have had a hard day on road.........Wait a minute, I am retired, and I am spending more time with the family. And the dog died.

I guess I need to get a job;)

d

rushfan

I sure don't need to loose weight. I should lay off of the free doughnuts,coffee, and candy from my delivery/pickup stops.

over9five

Staff member
I resolve to:

1: Make 9.5 at least 3 times a week.

2: Hand in more Sales Leads.

3. Bring in coffee and donuts for the management team.

4. Stop preceding the PAS sups name with "that idiot".

5. Organize Fedex.

6. Settle the pilots negotiation.

7. Convert Susiedriver and Ok2bclever into good Republican Bush loving Americans.

8. Create world peace.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Over9five,

Your a better man than me! I'll get with Danny and try to help you with your goals too.

Scratch

moreluck

golden ticket member
My New Year Resolutions!

H ave more patience

A ppreciate the small things

P ractice putting others first

P ut laughter in my life

Y ell less

N ever put anyone down

E agerly do my chores

W illingly give

Yearn for knowledge

E levate others

A ssume responsibility for mistakes

R emember to smile a lot

moreluck

golden ticket member
Celebrate New Year's With a Bang!

Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time.

Call up a forgotten friend. Share a funny story with someone whose spirits are dragging. A good laugh can be very good medicine.

Make a genuine effort to stay in closer touch with family and good friends. The sure way to have a friend is to be one.

Find the time to be kind and thoughtful. Give a compliment. It's sure to give someone a badly needed lift.

Think things through. Forgive an injustice. Listen more. Be kind.

Apologize when you realize you are wrong. An apology never diminishes a person. It elevates him. Don't blow your own horn. If you've done something praiseworthy, someone will notice eventually.

Lighten up. When you feel like blowing your top, ask yourself, "Will it matter in a week from today?". Laugh the loudest when the joke is on you.

Don't discourage a beginner from trying something risky. Nothing ventured means nothing gained. Be optimistic. The can-do spirit is the fuel that makes things go.

Don't abandon your old-fashioned principles. They never go out of style. When courage is needed, ask yourself, "If not me, who? If not now, when?"

Walk tall, and smile more. You'll look 10 years younger. Don't be afraid to say, "I love you". Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's New Years Resolutions That You Can Really Keep...
Are you sick of making the same resolutions year after year that you never keep? Why not promise to do something you can actually accomplish? Here are some resolutions that you can use as a starting point:
1. I want to gain weight. Put on at least 30 pounds.
2. Stop exercising. Waste of time.
3. Read less.
4. Watch more TV. I've been missing some good stuff.
5. Procrastinate more.
6. Drink. Drink some more.
7. Take up a new habit: maybe smoking.
8. Spend more time at work.
9. Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.
10. Start being superstitious.

automated

Americans Set Healthy Resolutions

Nearly half of Americans have made at least one health-related New Year's resolution for 2006, a WSJ.com/Harris health poll shows. Exercising more, losing weight and eating healthier remain the top resolutions.

Link To Original Article

moreluck

golden ticket member
I AM THE NEW YEAR

I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.

I am your next chance at the art of living.

I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.

All that you sought and didn't find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it out with more determination.

All the good that you tried for and didn't achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.

All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed but did not have - these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.

I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him Who said, "Behold, I make all things new."

~Author Unknown`

canon

Psyching myself up to get back to working out next week and was just sitting here thinking of the resolutions I've already "put on hold" for this year.

This was the thread from 05/06 I found in a search... so did anybody stick to them last year?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Psyching myself up to get back to working out next week and was just sitting here thinking of the resolutions I've already "put on hold" for this year.

This was the thread from 05/06 I found in a search... so did anybody stick to them last year?

Of course not, I started this thread, broke all three of mine, and was too embarrassed to bring this thread back alive! I think the definition of the word "resolution" should be changed to something like "promise made to be broken". I didn't make any new ones this year, although I am going to try to cut back on eating, I finally broke that two hundred pound barrier this past year.:wacko:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I vowed to take off all days I could afford to,..... doing well at that.
I promised to get organized, well Ill get to it.
I promised to try to be nicer, even to people who dont deserve it, not doing well but am trying. So that counts.
I promised to take better care of myself, been to the dentist and optometrist, both in the same month..
and now Im going to get to that organizational thing.