New Years plans

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our daughter's friend was snowboarding at Mt Baldy yesterday and was one of the ones that got stuck.

We were in the car earlier today and noticed a good dusting of snow on mountain tops that don't usually get snow. Mt Baldy looked completely covered. It looks pretty from here but I don't think I'd like this weather if I lived up there because the roads have sharp turns and would be icy.

Cars were pulling off the road (Hermosa) at the Target to take pictures of the snow covered hills. We did too. Line of palm trees, kids playing on the soccer field and snow on the hills.
We've seen snow on the Saddleback Mtns when we lived in Mission Viejo, but these hills were clearly San Diego County and visible from all over San Clemente. Snow levels at 1000 ft. are really low. It was really chilly too......not the normal California stuff. Good luck to the folks staking out a spot on Colorado Blvd for the parade tomorrow. They're gonna freeze their butts off.

Cars were pulling off the road (Hermosa) at the Target to take pictures of the snow covered hills. We did too. Line of palm trees, kids playing on the soccer field and snow on the hills.
We've seen snow on the Saddleback Mtns when we lived in Mission Viejo, but these hills were clearly San Diego County and visible from all over San Clemente. Snow levels at 1000 ft. are really low. It was really chilly too......not the normal California stuff. Good luck to the folks staking out a spot on Colorado Blvd for the parade tomorrow. They're gonna freeze their butts off.
No pickle?.lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
ba5GGrq.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wife's extended family is over the house tonight. More expensive than I remember. Just the appetizers came to $145. Alcohol was about $150. I lost consciousness when it got over $300. :P

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think maybe she wants another kinda meat also.
Buried the wife at 9:30. I'm sautéing the lobster in a covered fry pan and broiling a chunk of beef in the toaster oven. Meal for one. She tied one on and deserves it.
Edit. Deserves the cocktails, she can wait for the surf and turf.

brown bomber

brown bomber
My daughters went out ,..gonna pop the cork on a mini-prosecco..........hopefully the fireworks and gunfire don't keep me awake too long,..wishing everybody a safe and healthy 2015

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
After my medical problems recently, I'm glad to see 2014 go. Watched the ball drop in NYC 14 minutes ago. 1 million people in Times Square. Wow. Where do they go when nature calls? Don't think I want to know. lol. Still got 45 more to go in my time zone. Going to put a pork butt on before I call it a night. Wife insists on eating cabbage and black-eyes peas on new years. Yuck.

After my medical problems recently, I'm glad to see 2014 go. Watched the ball drop in NYC 14 minutes ago. 1 million people in Times Square. Wow. Where do they go when nature calls? Don't think I want to know. lol. Still got 45 more to go in my time zone. Going to put a pork butt on before I call it a night. Wife insists on eating cabbage and black-eyes peas on new years. Yuck.
Both of my kids have been to Times Square for New Years Eve. They no longer bring in Porta Johns due to security reasons. The crowd has to find businesses that have public restrooms and most of them make you purchase something before you can use it.
ps. It's collard greens and black-eyed peas where I'm from.

rod

Retired 22 years
We don't do the Full New Years Eve thing anymore. Maybe go out for a couple of drinks with friends but normally back home by 8ish. I guess the wife wants us take her Mother to the VFW for a special New Years Eve Bingo night tonight. She's getting up there in age (86) so we will probably be spending time doing what she wants to do because like the wife says 'she isn't going to be here forever" and she's the only "parent" left for us. I really don't mind---The VFW has cold beer and who knows---I might even win a few bucks.

Had some laughs with family & friends--wife won 48 bucks--we were home by 9:00---Happy New Year eveyone

watdaflock?

Planning on watching the Buckeyes crush 'bama tonight. Not many of us will be getting a good nights sleep, hope it's a slow day Friday!

Go Bucks! OH!

OPTION3

Cabbage for money in the new year......Black eyed peas and rice for health...lol