newbie needs diad help!! please!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Good for apartments. Scan package, scan Infonotice, leave it on the door, prerecord the stop. Repeat, take everything to the office, hit LA/Res next to everything for residents in prerecord, get signature, delivery location Office, typed location “Apt Office”.

Gets you credit for each individual stop.
Awesome tip, thanks!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Good for apartments. Scan package, scan Infonotice, leave it on the door, prerecord the stop. Repeat, take everything to the office, hit LA/Res next to everything for residents in prerecord, get signature, delivery location Office, typed location “Apt Office”.

Delivery location should be residential, then type office. If you select Office for delivery location that changes it to a commercial stop, which can be a problem if you have savers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Delivery location should be residential, then type office. If you select Office for delivery location that changes it to a commercial stop, which can be a problem if you have savers.
Do you remember when we didn't have diads and didn't have to worry about that stuff? I personally don't because I wasn't even employed back then, but do YOU remember?

35years

Gravy route
Do you remember when we didn't have diads and didn't have to worry about that stuff? I personally don't because I wasn't even employed back then, but do YOU remember?
I remember
Say you have multiple apt bldgs and one manager.
In the small remarks column you would have to write clearly in teeny tiny letters; "LA 11129 willow blvd apt 101"
and
clarify the last name ..."Eisenhower"

DIAD is a piece of cake.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

The only time you need to scan the delivery notice is for send agains.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thread jack! Wtf is left at? I have always used deliver, other location, and scanned an info notice... Today I tried to use left at and it said I needed a left at location so I just said screw that and went back to my other way.
Good lord. You've been driving how long?

Brownslave688

Not if you put left at residential

I do it every day. That's how I know.

iruhnman630

One of our newbies recently had 12 late savers on the last day of her packet because nobody trained her that:

- resi savers have no commit time
- the diad shows how many commit packages each stop has
- there is a 'res/com' button to turn off the commit time
- when faced with the possibility of service failures, always deliver the stop with the most commit pkgs first

When the commit time alert popped up, she had 2 resi stops and 1 commercial stop with 12 savers.

Not knowing those things, which are practically service provider 101, she broke off to del the 2 resi stops first.

Total failure in training.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not if you put left at residential

I do it every day. That's how I know.
You wouldn't know that they switch to commercial unless you had a saver that was delivered after the commercial commit time, in which case it would have you select the reason why you had a late air. Having said that, things may be different in your center, or a software update may have fixed the problem. But it is an acknowledged issue in our center.

Brownslave688

You wouldn't know that they switch to commercial unless you had a saver that was delivered after the commercial commit time, in which case it would have you select the reason why you had a late air. Having said that, things may be different in your center, or a software update may have fixed the problem. But it is an acknowledged issue in our center.
False.

If you prerecord a stop and then do left at residential. Then hit 7 for office then type in office. A saver does not show up late.

Like I said I do it every day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
False.

If you prerecord a stop and then do left at residential. Then hit 7 for office then type in office. A saver does not show up late.

Like I said I do it every day.
I already allowed for the possibility that things may be different for you. But it has happened to me and other people in my center. They have brought it up at PCM at least three times.

Brownslave688

I already allowed for the possibility that things may be different for you. But it has happened to me and other people in my center. They have brought it up at PCM at least three times.
Why would it have to be brought up? Go in void the stop and resheet if it comes up late

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why would it have to be brought up? Go in void the stop and resheet if it comes up late
I can't speak for everyone, but the time it happened to me I didn't realize why it happened, or that voiding it and rescanning would fix it. Thought it was a glitch. Now I just select residential, since it's a residential delivery, and I don't worry about it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of our newbies recently had 12 late savers on the last day of her packet because nobody trained her that:

- resi savers have no commit time
- the diad shows how many commit packages each stop has
- there is a 'res/com' button to turn off the commit time
- when faced with the possibility of service failures, always deliver the stop with the most commit pkgs first

When the commit time alert popped up, she had 2 resi stops and 1 commercial stop with 12 savers.

Not knowing those things, which are practically service provider 101, she broke off to del the 2 resi stops first.

Total failure in training.
We still have drivers that don't know you can hit the res/com button to clear the savers off the top of the screen.