Newest Amazon delivery trucks

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Has anyone seen these green package cars? These are the ones they will use to officially dump UPS. Amazon is rolling out free grocery delivery to all Prime members — here's how to get it

Amazon seems to have a one track mind. Finding new ways to do stuff, for free, for people that they should do for themselves is not going to work forever. Delivery is not free, and Amazon has done fine so far spreading out the costs to everyone else. They will eventually run out of people willing to shoulder that burden for them.

sox

In the late 70s we still had dinosaurs from the 50s part of the prettilp was checking the ͏Oil you pulled up the hood inside the cab next to the seat. By the time I left I was driving an aotomatic with power steering and power brakes I started driving 400s and ended in an 800

Days

Amazon seems to have a one track mind. Finding new ways to do stuff, for free, for people that they should do for themselves is not going to work forever. Delivery is not free, and Amazon has done fine so far spreading out the costs to everyone else. They will eventually run out of people willing to shoulder that burden for them.

Amazon already has the money and power to do this. Jeff Bezos will find a way to bypass anything though

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Amazon already has the money and power to do this. Jeff Bezos will find a way to bypass anything though

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Amazon has the money and power to absorb their own shipping costs? Good, they should. Bezos may be very good at what he does, but he is not magic. No need to speak about him with such reverence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Amazon has the money and power to absorb their own shipping costs? Good, they should. Bezos may be very good at what he does, but he is not magic. No need to speak about him with such reverence.

You don't become the richest man in the world without knowing what you are doing.

FromOffTheStreets

The shipping costs are hidden in the price. They have to use the words "free shipping" to make the purchase more appealing.
A printed t-shirt costs them $4, shipping costs $4, another $1 for "overhead costs". They make a grand profit of $1.
Profit is profit in this world, $1 times a billion transactions is a billion dollars.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The shipping costs are hidden in the price. They have to use the words "free shipping" to make the purchase more appealing.
A printed t-shirt costs them $4, shipping costs $4, another $1 for "overhead costs". They make a grand profit of $1.
Profit is profit in this world, $1 times a billion transactions is a billion dollars.
They make almost nothing or even lose money on the stuff they sell online. Many many quarters of loses.

AWS props up everything amazon does.