Newish PT supervisor, looking for advice

turq

This guy is hilarious. A for effort on the made up stories.

Yeah even his terminology is off. One minute he's part time inside sup, next he's on car, then he's dispatching....and now he's running the building...lol ...."in delivery" who says crap like that? And Sabotage...hahah

Yolo

Why did they make you a pt sup instead of a ft sup?

It's because they don't respect you. Just get a job elsewhere.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah he is probably in management coming on here to try and get a rise out of people, or trying to somehow scare people into thinking anything he says is true so they work harder?

I was thinking a union guy spoofing a manager, but I have met some managers who actually think this way. Actually, a lot of managers. They're the main reason UPS is so dysfunctional.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Yeah even his terminology is off. One minute he's part time inside sup, next he's on car, then he's dispatching....and now he's running the building...lol ...."in delivery" who says crap like that? And Sabotage...hahah

Started off part time inside.. Then full time hub sup. Promoted to on road. I cover dispatch when ours is out on vacation and we're allowed to tell our dispatches what we want to do to different routes. Shows how much you know about management. Good night folks. Airs on time tomorrow.

542thruNthru

I was thinking a union guy spoofing a manager, but I have met some managers who actually think this way. Actually, a lot of managers. They're the main reason UPS is so dysfunctional.

She's a troll. Every single one of her posts is her acting like a tough girl since she joined this site. Probably gets pushed around all the time and comes on here to try and exact some "revenge"

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He's a troll. Every single one of his posts is him acting like a tough guy since he joined this site. Probably gets pushed around all the time and comes on here to try and exact some "revenge"

I figured he was a troll, I just got the sense that he was an hourly doing an overly-exaggerated caricature of a manager as a gag. But there are so many managers that are really like that, so I changed my opinion to either subtly genius satire, or sad real person with possible narcissistic personality disorder.

542thruNthru

I figured he was a troll, I just got the sense that he was an hourly doing an overly-exaggerated caricature of a manager as a gag. But there are so many managers that are really like that, so I changed my opinion to either subtly genius satire, or sad real person with possible narcissistic personality disorder.

The poor girl probably feels she has to act tough because the big bad manager man is so hard on her.

watdaflock?

Hello everyone, I've been a local sort PT supervisor dealing with outbound loads for going on 11 months. I'm looking for information on how to better myself in dealing with my people, such as resolving arguments, and avoiding them by saying things tactfully. I'm often blunt, and come off as a jerk at time without realizing it, but have been working on that with much success since peak season.

I'm striving to be the best supervisor I can possibly be, I do have much to learn as I feel I'm very young to be in this position. Could someone point me in the right direction regarding suitable information? I also want to increase efficiency in regards on OTN every night, regardless of staffing and volume. I move people around all night, which helps, but at times people wont work for me, and will lay down for the rest of the night if I don't get them help in the trailer at the right moment.

One avenue I'm currently going down is looking into online management courses, my goal is to take one or two classes this summer, then go back to school full time in the fall when I wont be working two jobs. If anyone could suggest an online school with the classes that would best fit my situation, I would greatly appreciate it.
Listen more and less micro-managing.

You are going to get nothing but :censored2: talked for being a pt supe on here. Talk to your people like human beings. Also helps if you have done the job that you are asking them to do, but its a little too late for that now. Listen to the vets, get in good with your pick offs, genuinely give a :censored2: about them and they will give a :censored2: about you.

BiggieBrown

Honestly the best thing you can do as a PT sup is make yourself scarce during sort. We all know what to do, we don't need you hovering around.
Hide in the office and maybe poke your head out to check on things once every 30 minutes or so.
If sort isn't getting done on time, hire more people.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Screenshot_20190513-084202_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hello everyone, I've been a local sort PT supervisor dealing with outbound loads for going on 11 months. I'm looking for information on how to better myself in dealing with my people, such as resolving arguments, and avoiding them by saying things tactfully. I'm often blunt, and come off as a jerk at time without realizing it, but have been working on that with much success since peak season.

I'm striving to be the best supervisor I can possibly be, I do have much to learn as I feel I'm very young to be in this position. Could someone point me in the right direction regarding suitable information? I also want to increase efficiency in regards on OTN every night, regardless of staffing and volume. I move people around all night, which helps, but at times people wont work for me, and will lay down for the rest of the night if I don't get them help in the trailer at the right moment.

One avenue I'm currently going down is looking into online management courses, my goal is to take one or two classes this summer, then go back to school full time in the fall when I wont be working two jobs. If anyone could suggest an online school with the classes that would best fit my situation, I would greatly appreciate it.
Congratulations on your Newish conversion. Shalom.