News. Driver shot in cleveland

rod

Retired 22 years
MAGA

Like how all the racists around here are calling it a 13/50 crime when they've not found the guilty suspect, yet.
Have you seen the video of the neighborhood where this happened? From what I could tell the UPS driver was probably the only white guy to be seen for many blocks. I think the smart money would be on the shooter being black.

Returntosender

Have you seen the video of the neighborhood where this happened? From what I could tell the UPS driver was probably the only white guy to be seen for many blocks. I think the smart money would be on the shooter being black.
George Zimmerman white hispanic

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
None of us know what really happened. pray to God the driver pulls thru. It used to be smart to just give up money and stuff. Not sure anymore. The scum will kill you anyway not to leave a witness. I was always taught by my father to FIGHT.

however I was robbed once on another job at gunpoint and gave up the money without a fight. 2 guys , a salt and pepper team. thought they were going to kill me because I only had about 60 dollars. I was 19 at the time. They left and I never saw them again.

I've carried a weapon ever since. If you have never been robbed , mugged, raped, or attacked , you'll will never know the anger, nor hopelessness you feel when you can't do anything. I vowed that i would fight to the death if necessary from then on.Took me a long time to get over that robbery psychologically and wished i would have fought back.

ya, it was only 60 dollars but the damage caused was much more.

hope our driver makes it. and hope the scumbag gets caught or better yet resists arrest so he can get shot down like a dog and save us taxpayers mucho dinero

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
not sure if this was updated. perp asked driver for money ( begging ) and driver gave him $5. perp said he wanted more so driver went and locked doors and called 911. scum shot into PC hitting driver and said he would shoot again if not given more money. driver gave him $82 more. initial report said driver was shot several times but not sure.

suspect was arrested. driver was hit with shot gun blast.

the poor suspect said he was on PCP so some POS lawyer will probably get him off.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You're absolutely correct about the neighborhood. The place it went down is one of the worst areas in Cleveland. Not being racist but stating fact. The beauty of it is the people in that neighborhood that witnessed the crime chased down the purp and the police had to rescue him because the people wanted to beat the snot out of him.

oldngray

nowhere special
You're absolutely correct about the neighborhood. The place it went down is one of the worst areas in Cleveland. Not being racist but stating fact. The beauty of it is the people in that neighborhood that witnessed the crime chased down the purp and the police had to rescue him because the people wanted to beat the snot out of him.

I delivered in an area like that for a while. The older people would beat the :censored2: out of the punks if they got out of line.

clean hairy

On a serious note, would he be returning to the same route?
If so, would the residents there be looking out for him?
As in, would he be safer after what happened?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I delivered in an area like that for a while. The older people would beat the :censored2: out of the punks if they got out of line.
I deliver daily to the projects but it’s only 8-12 stops usually and I treat it as business refuse to go after 5. That is my observation too, the older generation is the understanding ones, even the mid generation is good but the ones that scare me or make me nervous is the young bucks that feel like that have to prove something. They watch you really close and rarely say anything etc. the other people love me and iv never had an issue with them.

Faceplanted

When I worked in the hood covering routes I was always sure to make eye contact with the dope boys and say Wasup to them. The jitter bugs tried me a few times, I always told them :censored2: off, I’m just trying to work and get a check. There were a few times the dope boys saw the little gits :censored2:ing with me and told them to leave me the :censored2: alone. I never had problems ever again in those areas. One of them told me “we happy to see you covering for xx, we know you not the narcs doing a controlled delivery”. During this period my city was #10-15 on violent crime.

I was back in the hood after a couple years and the whole dynamic has changed. New shot callers ect. I don’t recognize any faces, so I would deliver it all before noon.

Once you get to know how everything works and people get to know you, they will look out for you. If you don’t have that your :censored2:ed.

myback

Do not engage with anybody, become deaf and blind and keep moving. Once you take the bait and give them one moment of your time, you’re had sucker.

Faceplanted

Do not engage with anybody, become deaf and blind and keep moving. Once you take the bait and give them one moment of your time, you’re had sucker.
How many years have you worked in the hood? Walking with your head down and acting “def and blind” is not a good approach in my area. You need to acknowledge and respect the callers.

From my experience simply not being pushed over even once by a crack head or dope boy goes a long way. Iv had to square up with a crack head not letting me get back in my truck without “taking him down the street”. Some older people saw and came and told him to move on.