News. Driver shot in cleveland

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
On a serious note, would he be returning to the same route?
If so, would the residents there be looking out for him?
As in, would he be safer after what happened?
Yep. They've ordered a new pc for him. Just got to get the logo and stripe on it.
Screenshot_20191002-222345_Google.jpg
Better than drones too because you just open the casing door, load the pkg, and "driver release it" at the FD, thru the living room, and on to the back porch.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We have a white hood in my area. It’s basically inner city, but huge majority white. Not to categorize people, but from what iv seen that area is much more unpredictable. Most people are on meth binges and haven’t slept for days. It’s much more unpredictable. I always have my head in a swivel over there.

But what you said is dead on, and anybody that has worked in a “hood” area will agree 100% with what you said. I know I do.
Man, they shot 12 people and stabbed 6 in the first few months I inherited that tough area.

We had two white (young) drivers spat upon and harassed at their truck because the turf managers saw they were intimidated by the gangs and cat calls.

I never had a problem because I grew up hard core and they knew I wasnt intimidated by their mean looks. I suppose they thought this cracker is crazy. If you're going to get attacked at least know where it's coming from. Eyes to the ground brings opportunities for recieving pain from unknown sources.

Faceplanted

Man, they shot 12 people and stabbed 6 in the first few months I inherited that tough area.

We had two white (young) drivers spat upon and harassed at their truck because the turf managers saw they were intimidated by the gangs and cat calls.

I never had a problem because I grew up hard core and they knew I wasnt intimidated by their mean looks. I suppose they thought this cracker is crazy. If you're going to get attacked at least know where it's coming from. Eyes to the ground brings opportunities for recieving pain from unknown sources.
I grew up around goons. I grew up in a sketchy area. I am light skinned but not white, def not black. In our center of 4 hood routes, I was the only “light skinned” guy covering them. Never had a serious issue. I’m not stupid but I don’t let people g check me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many years have you worked in the hood? Walking with your head down and acting “def and blind” is not a good approach in my area. You need to acknowledge and respect the callers.

From my experience simply not being pushed over even once by a crack head or dope boy goes a long way. Iv had to square up with a crack head not letting me get back in my truck without “taking him down the street”. Some older people saw and came and told him to move on.
Wouldn't people during the day be at their places of employment?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How many years have you worked in the hood? Walking with your head down and acting “def and blind” is not a good approach in my area. You need to acknowledge and respect the callers.

From my experience simply not being pushed over even once by a crack head or dope boy goes a long way. Iv had to square up with a crack head not letting me get back in my truck without “taking him down the street”. Some older people saw and came and told him to move on.
Mind my business and keep moving. Of course it helps knowing a few people, the hood lookout, etc. But you should never walk with your head down in any hood.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The driver should have just given the guy all his money. No amount of money is worth being shot over, especially a low amount like $85. Besides that, Ups has to reimburse drivers if they are robbed, I believe up to $100?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Besides that, Ups has to reimburse drivers if they are robbed, I believe up to $100?

Section 3.

"The Employer shall reimburse employees for loss of personal money or personal property in a holdup or vehicular accident while on duty, up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per employee, provided the employee promptly reports such holdup or vehicular accident to the Employer and the police, and cooperates in the investigation of such holdup or vehicular accident."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The driver should have just given the guy all his money. No amount of money is worth being shot over, especially a low amount like $85. Besides that, Ups has to reimburse drivers if they are robbed, I believe up to $100?[/Q

The article seemed to explain that the guy just asked for some money at first ( doesn't say at gunpoint ) So our driver gave him $5. I guess that infuriated the guy and he got angry and asked for more.UPS driver locked himself in PC and layed down and suspect shot at the PC hitting the driver. He told him he would fire again unless he got more money so the driver gave him $82.

The news is not very clear with the story. I read this morning that the driver is recovering , the suspect arrested but not yet identified.

Faceplanted

We can speculate all day. I personally would have given nothing and told them begger to leave me alone. Open the wallet and it’s all theirs eventually. Sad story regardless.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Section 3.

"The Employer shall reimburse employees for loss of personal money or personal property in a holdup or vehicular accident while on duty, up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per employee, provided the employee promptly reports such holdup or vehicular accident to the Employer and the police, and cooperates in the investigation of such holdup or vehicular accident."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf
OK I guess he stole $200 then.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We can speculate all day. I personally would have given nothing and told them begger to leave me alone. Open the wallet and it’s all theirs eventually. Sad story regardless.
Here the safety committee has passed out job applications to give the would be robbers.
It has save many lives.
It's better than mace and tasers.