Newt Gingrich

klein

Für Meno :)
And then Romney has the nerve to end his answer to that lady - that he'll abolish Obamacare, it's the first thing on his list !
I don't think that woman will be voting any of them now !
And anyone else with out health insurance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You don't listen very well.....many, many times it's been said ....repeal Obamacare and replace it with a better health plan. Nobody is advocating "no healthcare" like you suggest.

klein

I wished Wolf or any other moderator would go back to those asking questions, and just ask if that person is satisfied with the given answers !
That would be interesting to see, watch and hear !

klein

I certainly don't want my pension fund taxed at 40% to fund Obamacare

You'll be paying for most of your medicare once you retire since you do receive company pension.
There is NOTHING left in that pot for everyone !

Anyways do you think it's cheaper to send the uninsured and those without money to the expensive ER instead to a walk-in clinic or a regular doctors practise ?

klein

Yup, the more I think about it , that crazier Newt really is !
In Florida pitching to go to the moon, while over 30% of the real estate there is in forclosure or in the brinks of it.
And while homeowners have lost over 50% of their realestate value .

His new pitch :

"Invest and buy a home on the moon - save yourself from Bankers and foreclosures (no one there to take it from you)" !
Showhome is available by 2021 !

images

804brown

Yup, the more I think about it , that crazier Newt really is !
In Florida pitching to go to the moon, while over 30% of the real estate there is in forclosure or in the brinks of it.
And while homeowners have lost over 50% of their realestate value .

His new pitch :

"Invest and buy a home on the moon - save yourself from Bankers and foreclosures (no one there to take it from you)" !
Showhome is available by 2021 !

images

I disagree. I think jobs in NASA are really good paying jobs. Granted the whole "moon base" is loony (pun inteded), but having govt create a demand for mmore engineers and scientists,etc is nothing to laugh at!!

klein

Well, I admire you responding, the C9ners and conservatives haven't so far.
They became crickets on this thread.

band_812.jpg

You know we all, as indivduals, have goals and dreams, such as one day to travel the world or owning that luxery Mercedes convertable.
But, if you don't have the money, then it's impossible.

klein

Canada to the rescue, once again :

Gingrich ordered to stop using Heavy song

Date: Friday Jan. 27, 2012 6:46 PM ET

MONTREAL — U.S. presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich's campaign is striking a sour note with a Montreal record label.
Third Side Music has sent Gingrich's team a cease and desist order demanding they stop using the song "How You Like Me Now" at campaign events.
The song is by the British band The Heavy, and the Third Side record label holds the rights to it.

Read more: Gingrich ordered to stop using Heavy song | CTV News

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw one of Newt's ads that are running in Florida right now. Politics is dirty business, but you can still go over the line.

The ad has Mike Huckabee saying....something like...if you are dishonest in business, you will probably be dishonest in everything else.

However, the quote and and him saying, was pulled from an interview talking about something totally different. The ad implies that he's talking about Romney.

Mike Huckabee was never asked if his words and image could be used......he would've refused! I think that stinks.

Whether you like him or not, Mike Huckabee's opinion is respected by a lot of people and he doesn't like this ploy by Newt.

I saw one of Newt's ads that are running in Florida right now. Politics is dirty business, but you can still go over the line.

The ad has Mike Huckabee saying....something like...if you are dishonest in business, you will probably be dishonest in everything else.

However, the quote and and him saying, was pulled from an interview talking about something totally different. The ad implies that he's talking about Romney.

Mike Huckabee was never asked if his words and image could be used......he would've refused! I think that stinks.

Whether you like him or not, Mike Huckabee's opinion is respected by a lot of people and he doesn't like this ploy by Newt.
I see no difference in who it is applied to, IMO, the quote is correct for anyone. Now implying that Huckabee said that about romeny isn't right unless that is who Huckabee was referencing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I see no difference in who it is applied to, IMO, the quote is correct for anyone. Now implying that Huckabee said that about romeny isn't right unless that is who Huckabee was referencing.
Huckabee was not talking about Romney, but his words were inserted in that ad as if he was.
I saw Huck on Fox twice yesterday saying he was not asked permission for his words and image to be used and certainly would've said no to Newt..

In about 3 mins. Huck is on Fox News to explain again.

Huckabee was not talking about Romney, but his words were inserted in that ad as if he was.
I saw Huck on Fox twice yesterday saying he was not asked permission for his words and image to be used and certainly would've said no to Newt..

In about 3 mins. Huck is on Fox News to explain again.

To me the question isn't who Huckabee was talking about but if he has the right to deny his image and that sentence to be used or misused. Huck said that on TV, I doubt that would fall under the copyright regulations. He can go public and call Newt out for misquoting him and he has and will continue to do so.
If I were Newt and wanted to use the quote I would just change the add. something like, " MH said, "if you are dishonest in business, you will probably be dishonest in everything else." and he is right." That would insinuate that romney was less than honest in his business dealings and not that MH said that about romney. I agree the add as is should be pulled. On the other hand, should romney not be called out for saying that Newt was a lobbyist when there is no proof of that by definition ?
I'm not FOR Newt nor Mitt, but would like to see them both be honest in campaigning.

People use quotes from most of the founding fathers all the time that have nothing actual to do with a given debate.

moreluck

golden ticket member
His image and the words are copyrighted....according to M.H. in his interview on FOX.

I just thought it was creepy of Newt and it shows "old politician" to me.

His image and the words are copyrighted....according to M.H. in his interview on FOX.

I just thought it was creepy of Newt and it shows "old politician" to me.
I don't disagree with that. Newt is and old politician.

Still not sure MH can say his words are copyrighted. Clips from his show and image, maybe but not just his words.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't disagree with that. Newt is and old politician.

Still not sure MH can say his words are copyrighted. Clips from his show and image, maybe but not just his words.
Right, it was a clip from his show......a clip of him saying that phrase....but for all we know, he could've been talking about Tony Resko (or whatever that guy's name is)

Right, it was a clip from his show......a clip of him saying that phrase....but for all we know, he could've been talking about Tony Resko (or whatever that guy's name is)
That is why I said the add should be removed or changed.

But you have to admit that , "if you are dishonest in business, you will probably be dishonest in everything else." is a good quote that could apply to...probably most.....politicians.