Next contract top rate [on topic]

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
200 dollars an hour or i walk.
59A0DF2C-5CF6-4E45-85F4-0376754BE1D2.gif

Thebrownblob

I’m gonna say somewhere north of $45 an hour But below $50 an hour unless we get some more crazy COLA raises. I would like to see automatic 95 payments. Double time for forced Saturdays. And the elimination of 22.4. Perhaps another paid holiday. I believe the bulk of the raise money will go to part-timers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's most realistic. The company is not going to pay more than that. Comments on here thinking that the company will make the top pay $45-50 an hour are insane.
Anything under 50 is a wage cut. Talking about taking a pay cut when the company’s profits have increased like 70% is insane.

Whereistheunion

With OZ in there, what do you think the next contract top rate will be?

What else do you realistically think will change?
It's going to be a interesting negotiation, we have more competition which pays substantially less then UPS. I'm hopeful that we fix the 22.4 issues over 70 and irregular package issues and our long workdays. Get our workdays down to 8.5 hours a day. Instead of 9.5 list have a 8.5 list for those whom wants shorter days. Keep our benefit levels where they are, and Raise part time wages significantly 18 per hr to start. I would be happy with modest raises for full-time employees.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Here's an idea, offer polls over the issues that are being negotiated day to day so that members can weigh in and give the negotiators some backing, instead of leaving it all to the union doing what it thinks the members want, then having to scramble when we vote down the contract. We have the technology.

Thebrownblob

Here's an idea, offer polls over the issues that are being negotiated day to day so that members can weigh in and give the negotiators some backing, instead of leaving it all to the union doing what it thinks the members want, then having to scramble when we vote down the contract. We have the technology.
I don’t know if there will be polls, but I do know technology will be used and there will be an app that you could submit contract proposals. Technology will be used

Poop Head

Judge me.
I don’t know if there will be polls, but I do know technology will be used and there will be an app that you could submit contract proposals. Technology will be used
I feel like they want to keep us in the dark. Let us think its some big deal that us peons cant comprehend. And that "overtime protection" of 9.5 hours worked, 3 days a week, is some great win for the biggest, most powerful private union in the world.

Thebrownblob

I feel like they want to keep us in the dark. Let us think its some big deal that us peons cant comprehend. And that "overtime protection" of 9.5 hours worked, 3 days a week, is some great win for the biggest, most powerful private union in the world.
O’Brien also wants to have Hourlys sitting on the negotiations. I’m not sure what else he could do. We are one of the biggest private unions. UPS is one of the most ruthless negotiators in the business. Let’s see what happens.