Next contract top rate [on topic]

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If they have the extra bulk truck running they’ll send him by to skim.
I always worked in areas with mostly light industries or shops. Occasional industrial park when I first started, but rarely blown out buy em’. I had 22 pickups last route, most never shipped more than 2-3 small packages.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think the top rate down should be split equally. The runner gunner running 200 stops should get as much as the 200 clicks over draggers at 70 stops. :upssmiley:The narcissistic draggers that throw other drivers under the bus don't deserve more for just knowing how to repeat a route over and over. It's not rocket science. It's just repetition.
Prove me wrong. It's just a scam for narcissist to feel better about themselves as they point fingers at other drivers saying "look over there at that guy. Don't look at me I'm union strong" Yet, they throw other drivers under the bus when they can about anything possible: like a scab getting out of a picket line to work.
Wow Steamer you sound like a low seniority runner gunner that has to go help a lot
How am I doing so far?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
my priorities on this contract are hopefully them maintaining our healthcare and pension and removing 22.4 from the language and making them rpcd with equal pay as us.

If higher top rate is negotiated I highly doubt we will get that much of an increase. Maybe like $2.50-maybe $5 over the course of 5 years.

Thebrownblob

my priorities on this contract are hopefully them maintaining our healthcare and pension and removing 22.4 from the language and making them rpcd with equal pay as us.

If higher top rate is negotiated I highly doubt we will get that much of an increase. Maybe like $2.50-maybe $5 over the course of 5 years.
Hopefully? Gonna need you to be a little more forceful than that there’s no hopeful here we’re gonna fight for it. When I started here I was told I would never be rich but I would be well compensated, my family and my health, would be taken care of, and my retirement would be secure and I’m not about to give that away. That’s not hope, that’s guarantee.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Hopefully? Gonna need you to be a little more forceful than that there’s no hopeful here we’re gonna fight for it. When I started here I was told I would never be rich but I would be well compensated, my family and my health, would be taken care of, and my retirement would be secure and I’m not about to give that away. That’s not hope, that’s guarantee.
We still have another year
Negotiations haven’t started
When the time comes the mood changes
As of right now we wait

Steamer

Wow Steamer you sound like a low seniority runner gunner that has to go help a lot
How am I doing so far?
Not so much. I'm about 100 clicks over daily. Sometimes I do well getting 20 clicks over if everything is loaded well. Speed limits or less all day long. Can't run and gun and be safe. I was just making a point. The lower progression rate is abysmal. Yet the guys that drag get top rate for dragging. Gotta love liberal union thinking. Then they wonder why the turnover is so high at the lower rates. Yet I see drivers that I guess survived by throwing all the work down wind and blaming the lower guys for running gunning with 200 stop counts without much choice since the draggers make it so.
They also survive by pointing at others trying to keep the heat off of themselves. "LOOK OVER THERE! HE MUST BE RUNNING!" So twice as much work. At about half of the pay. Making life 4x harder. Sound about right?

Last edited:

textat3

I would like to see raises that are approx $2 a year, nomo22fo, additional week of vacation to support the company in their quest for work/life balance.

Thebrownblob

Not so much. I'm about 100 clicks over daily. Sometimes I do well getting 20 clicks over if everything is loaded well. Speed limits or less all day long. Can't run and gun and be safe. I was just making a point. The lower progression rate is abysmal. Yet the guys that drag get top rate for dragging. Gotta love liberal union thinking. Then they wonder why the turnover is so high at the lower rates. Yet I see older drivers that I guess survived by throwing all the work down wind and blaming the lower guys for running gunning with 200 stop counts without much choice since the draggers make it so.
They also survive by pointing at others trying to keep the heat off of themselves. "LOOK OVER THERE! HE MUST BE RUNNING!" Sound about right?
Liberal union logic? LOL you just said you can’t run and gun and be safe. If you’re 100 clicks over you’re a “dragger” as far as the company‘s concerned. Even the “slowest driver“ Does more work by 10:30 than 90% of the population. Turnover rate is not high because of drivers, it would be the poor Management. fact is new drivers make mistakes, and get on reports far more than seasoned drivers.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I’m gonna say somewhere north of $45 an hour But below $50 an hour unless we get some more crazy COLA raises. I would like to see automatic 95 payments. Double time for forced Saturdays. And the elimination of 22.4. Perhaps another paid holiday. I believe the bulk of the raise money will go to part-timers.
The over 9.5 penalty pay should automatically be in there at if you are on the list you should get it none of this having to file a grievance for it.

PT Car Washer

Expansion? OZ has stated he wants to eliminate 22.4 and says he wont budge on that issue, thinks its a strike worthy issue?
Do you really believe Feeders are willing to go on strike over entry level delivery drivers? Or top rate package car drivers with a mortgage and 2 car payments and a couple kids? This is my retirement job so makes no difference to me.

DOK

Do you really believe Feeders are willing to go on strike over entry level delivery drivers? Or top rate package car drivers with a mortgage and 2 car payments and a couple kids? This is my retirement job so makes no difference to me.
Well they ask for a strike authorization vote to use as a negotiations tool well prior to any real strike, I’ve never seen them not get the strike authorization, been here 35 years. After that, its out of the members hands.