No comments about the Pension news today

Spam

They’ve already offered retirees buyouts. I don’t trust Fedex on this or anything that’s supposedly good for us.
My manager who retired but wasn’t collecting Pension yet,Recieved a fair offer and took it. I’ll do the same,much rather manage the money myself.

Oldfart

My manager who retired but wasn’t collecting Pension yet,Recieved a fair offer and took it. I’ll do the same,much rather manage the money myself.
Took pennies on the $ if it was like offers I saw. Maybe 10 years worth of payments. Everyone has choices to make when it comes to lump sum versus monthly payments. Just like lottery winners options.

floridays

Took pennies on the $ if it was like offers I saw. Maybe 10 years worth of payments. Everyone has choices to make when it comes to lump sum versus monthly payments. Just like lottery winners options.
What does it mean with X turning over it's pension liabilities to an insurance company? What could it mean? I'm asking a company kiss ass, sycophant. I await an answer.

vantexan

They’ve already offered retirees buyouts. I don’t trust Fedex on this or anything that’s supposedly good for us.
These aren't spur of the moment decisions. You can bet the buyouts were done because this transfer to MetLife was already decided and the buyouts would save FedEx money. When they gave us that "choice" to voluntarily enter the PPP from the traditional they already had decided to end the traditional plan. Those who voluntarily left the traditional didn't get the extra 4% a year those who were forced to got. As you said, anytime FedEx is interested in "helping" us it's in their interest to do so, not ours.

Oldfart

These aren't spur of the moment decisions. You can bet the buyouts were done because this transfer to MetLife was already decided and the buyouts would save FedEx money. When they gave us that "choice" to voluntarily enter the PPP from the traditional they already had decided to end the traditional plan. Those who voluntarily left the traditional didn't get the extra 4% a year those who were forced to got. As you said, anytime FedEx is interested in "helping" us it's in their interest to do so, not ours.
You will be crying the same song in 15 years. Just like crying about a manager that did you wrong in 2001. Stay angry and bitter long?

floridays

They're free from administrative costs now.
No, they are free of liability. Would any FedEx employee rather have their pension tied to Fedex, the company they worked for, or an insurance company that has their hands in many other things. Fedex sold out their current pensioners and if the language of the deal is read, any current employee that is still working and has a defined benefit pension. Fedex made MetLife liable for our pensions, period.

floridays

You will be crying the same song in 15 years. Just like crying about a manager that did you wrong in 2001. Stay angry and bitter long?
Answer my question :censored2:. I just helped you out in my last response to Van. Good thing you only needed enough sense to deliver a box and kiss ass.

Last edited by a moderator: