"No family life" with UPS

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I didn't ask for advice in this thread. I started it to try and grasp a comparison of professions and family life. There's a difference. Advice would be "when you are on break, sort your next 5 deliveries".... something to do with job knowledge. When have I said I know anything at all about the job? On the contrary, I'm asking for job insight based on your experience, not advice, and have said over and over again I'm new and don't have experience in this field yet. Stay on point, please.
Lol. At this point, all I can say to you is good luck. You're going to need it.

Non sequitur

It's a blue collar job. Most blue collar jobs are tough and they are tough on the body. It can't be that bad if you still go to work everyday. For sure nobody forces you to. You make a choice to go in every day. It's not management or anybody else. Take responsibility for your own life and if you don't like it, change it.

Guess what you do when you have cancer? You get rid of it. Are you getting rid of it if you consider your job a cancer?

You sound like a millennial.

It's not the job, it's the pace and pressure. Adds up my friend. Being scrutinized everyday after hitting the ball out of the park is draining. But one day you will decide your to old to be a circus monkeye.

john chesney

What makes you think I won't "make it that far". No offence but you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through or my work ethic. You are one guy I've noticed that stands out on this forum as being cynical and really just rude to people who are just trying to seek advice. I don't know if you just feel the need to get your post count up, or get "likes" as if this is some social media gratification thing for you or what, but you post on almost every thread with no real content but just pompous responses.

It really says a lot that you feel so negatively about your job yet you spend so much of your free time on a forum about said job. I suggest you either help people or find something better to do with your free time. Judging people and assuming they aren't up to your level is both arrogant and ignorant. Maybe your a decent guy that just uses this place to vent, and that's fine, but maybe you should use your knowledge of the job to help people and make your job which you obviously are experienced at, better for new people joining the ranks...but hey, you do what you need to make you feel better.
I think you can do it. I just know you will end up miserable. Ups has turned this 21 year old kid into one tough old man. It was different back in the day. I can't even imagine starting this job the way it is now. No one and I mean no one can understand unless you've done it

john chesney

What makes you think I won't "make it that far". No offence but you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through or my work ethic. You are one guy I've noticed that stands out on this forum as being cynical and really just rude to people who are just trying to seek advice. I don't know if you just feel the need to get your post count up, or get "likes" as if this is some social media gratification thing for you or what, but you post on almost every thread with no real content but just pompous responses.

It really says a lot that you feel so negatively about your job yet you spend so much of your free time on a forum about said job. I suggest you either help people or find something better to do with your free time. Judging people and assuming they aren't up to your level is both arrogant and ignorant. Maybe your a decent guy that just uses this place to vent, and that's fine, but maybe you should use your knowledge of the job to help people and make your job which you obviously are experienced at, better for new people joining the ranks...but hey, you do what you need to make you feel better.
The physical part of this job is the easy part. It's the mental part that will kill you. I never try to explain this to people they could never understand. The only people that get it are other ups drivers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Another snowflake that wants everything sugar coated

I just call it like I see it sorry if it hurts your "feelings"

Ps there is an ignore feature on this forum use it if you feel the need

If you want me to walk you thru how to use it
Just ask

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Listen to what he is saying? Thing is he doesn't actually give anybody advice or help. That's my point. He hates his job yet spends every waking moment on here responding to questions with insulting one liners. "You'll never make it", "You don't sound smart enough to figure it out", not just to me but to everyone. Hey if the guy wants to come on here and vent that's fine, but he's literally just being a a-hole to every person on here at any chance he gets. The guy isn't actually helping anybody. He could easily be a mentor to other people using his experience but literally choosing to do the opposite and just bring people down.

Maybe...still waiting for that advice though. I know he knows a lot. Let's put it to use and help people. Joke all you want, I don't care, but basically just telling people he doesn't know they suck and won't make it is not being funny nor does it display any sort of job knowledge.

I didn't ask for advice in this thread. I started it to try and grasp a comparison of professions and family life. There's a difference. Advice would be "when you are on break, sort your next 5 deliveries".... something to do with job knowledge. When have I said I know anything at all about the job? On the contrary, I'm asking for job insight based on your experience, not advice, and have said over and over again I'm new and don't have experience in this field yet. Stay on point, please.

Facts are hard.

You know how to wipe your own assss yet? Or does momma still do it?

Dumbo

I'm a little nervous hearing about all that. It seems consistent across the board. I have a pretty thick skin and a great work ethic but I can see how it can be totally draining constantly being criticized for doing your job. I'm surprised they wouldn't have higher management standards and focus on employee morale. When you have employees that are respected you have better production.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I'm a little nervous hearing about all that. It seems consistent across the board. I have a pretty thick skin and a great work ethic but I can see how it can be totally draining constantly being criticized for doing your job. I'm surprised they wouldn't have higher management standards and focus on employee morale. When you have employees that are respected you have better production.
Lmao...you have a lot to learn

Dumbo

You know how to wipe your own assss yet? Or does momma still do it?

Im pretty sure I'm probably older than you and seen a lot more than you. I wake up every day and work my ass off to provide for my wife and 3 kids and go out of my way to be respectful and responsible for my life.. I do it all with the conservative belief that nobody owes me anything and if I ever hate something it's up to me to change it. Having intelligent responses and calling out somebody for being an :censored2: makes you think I can't wipe my own ass? Elaborate.

MyTripisCut

Im pretty sure I'm probably older than you and seen a lot more than you. I wake up every day and work my ass off to provide for my wife and 3 kids and go out of my way to be respectful and responsible for my life.. Having intelligent responses and calling out somebody for being an :censored2: makes you think I can't wipe my own ass? Elaborate.
You are the one stereo typing everyone. One guy is retired, and I have two kids and a family as well. Don't try and change UPS culture, especially on BrownCafe, you'll get chewed up and spit out on either venue.

john chesney

Listen to what he is saying? Thing is he doesn't actually give anybody advice or help. That's my point. He hates his job yet spends every waking moment on here responding to questions with insulting one liners. "You'll never make it", "You don't sound smart enough to figure it out", not just to me but to everyone. Hey if the guy wants to come on here and vent that's fine, but he's literally just being a a-hole to every person on here at any chance he gets. The guy isn't actually helping anybody. He could easily be a mentor to other people using his experience but literally choosing to do the opposite and just bring people down.
Maybe he knows like I do there's no way to explain this to an outsider so why even try. It's impossible for you or anyone that hasn't done it. I did preload for 4 years then went driving I thought the preload was hard till I went driving

Dumbo

Im pretty sure I'm probably older than you and seen a lot more than you. I wake up every day and work my ass off to provide for my wife and 3 kids and go out of my way to be respectful and responsible for my life.. I do it all with the conservative belief that nobody owes me anything and if I ever hate something it's up to me to change it. Having intelligent responses and calling out somebody for being an :censored2: makes you think I can't wipe my own ass? Elaborate.

You are the one stereo typing everyone. One guy is retired, and I have two kids and a family as well. Don't try and change UPS culture, especially on BrownCafe, you'll get chewed up and spit out on either venue.

Not changing anything. In UPS there are plenty of people who are respectful and friendly. I've seen it. There are also plenty of :censored2:s. It's the same with any job. I'm not stereotyping any group. I called out one specific person in a respectful manner. You can't handle that because I haven't been on the forum for that long? So you make unrelated comments about wiping my ass? That doesnt even make any sense.

MyTripisCut

Not changing anything. In UPS there are plenty of people who are respectful and friendly. I've seen it. There are also plenty of :censored2:s. It's the same with any job. I'm not stereotyping any group. I called out one specific person in a respectful manner. You can't handle that because I haven't been on the forum for that long? So you make unrelated comments about wiping my ass? That doesnt even make any sense.
Can you wipe it or not?