No insiders can PVD?

I think it is because PVD are not UPS employees and can not collect workman's comp or disability for any
The union does not set pay rates for pvd drivers.
I needed an adjustment because my rate was not correct for PVD. At my center my rate is 16.50 for Preload and 28 an hour for PVD. They weren’t giving me the correct rate for PVD so I asked for an adjustment. They called me and said I can’t PVD as an insider and that my rate is wrong because I’m an insider and the union won’t approve me for that rate. This is what they are telling me.

542thruNthru

I’m located in California
I'm guessing your in Socal. You were allowed to PVD during the middle of the year because the union had a agreement with the company to allow PVDs but ONLY inside employees.

When Oct 1st hit the company no longer needed the agreement because the contract allows them to hire ft outside seasonals so they canceled it.
sketch-1606181328431.jpg

The reason you're not working as a PVD is solely because UPS doesn't want you to. They don't want to manager insiders with PVD hours. Also they don't want a PVD that has contractual rights. The company wants to be able to work a PVD 14 hours if need be. As a preloader you'll soon be doing 6-8 hours in the morning and they know you'll be tempted to call out for preload because you make more as a PVD and you will also not be able to work as many hours as a seasonal can.

The only thing you are entitled to is driver helper.
sketch-1606181328326.jpg

But because of covid 19 and CA. Helpers are only being worked if the Driver says so and the driver gets to pick his helper because of CDC guidelines.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I needed an adjustment because my rate was not correct for PVD. At my center my rate is 16.50 for Preload and 28 an hour for PVD. They weren’t giving me the correct rate for PVD so I asked for an adjustment. They called me and said I can’t PVD as an insider and that my rate is wrong because I’m an insider and the union won’t approve me for that rate. This is what they are telling me.
The union only sets minimum rates. If you are working in a different classification you should receive the correct pvd rate. You should grieve it.

I'm guessing your in Socal. You were allowed to PVD during the middle of the year because the union had a agreement with the company to allow PVDs but ONLY inside employees.

When Oct 1st hit the company no longer needed the agreement because the contract allows them to hire ft outside seasonals so they canceled it.
View attachment 318676

The reason you're not working as a PVD is solely because UPS doesn't want you to. They don't want to manager insiders with PVD hours. Also they don't want a PVD that has contractual rights. The company wants to be able to work a PVD 14 hours if need be. As a preloader you'll soon be doing 6-8 hours in the morning and they know you'll be tempted to call out for preload because you make more as a PVD and you will also not be able to work as many hours as a seasonal can.

The only thing you are entitled to is driver helper.
View attachment 318677

But because of covid 19 and CA. Helpers are only being worked if the Driver says so and the driver gets to pick his helper because of CDC guidelines.
So can they make me stop? I’m willing to work my preload still and finish out in PVD at least until peak does get here. I need more than 4 hours a day.

542thruNthru

So can they make me stop? I’m willing to work my preload still and finish out in PVD at least until peak does get here. I need more than 4 hours a day.
Yes they can make you stop. If you need more than 4 hours I suggest another PT job. Though with peak coming you'll probably get around 8 hours a day.