No more keys!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Double click the remote button to unlock rear door, unless your truck doesnt have it.

P5's and P7's with "barn" doors in back cannot be equipped with keyeless entry for the rear door, it can only be installed on cars with a roll-up door.

I finally had a key fob go haywire on me and quit working. I could not get the car started. I had to call the shop and they gave me the code to the little key box that is bolted to the firewall, there is a spare fob in there as well as an ignition key that still works as a last resort. I dont see the point in keeping the code to the box a secret from the driver, I wrote mine down so that if it happens again I dont have to waste 10 minutes on the phone trying to get hold of a mechanic.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
P5's and P7's with "barn" doors in back cannot be equipped with keyeless entry for the rear door, it can only be installed on cars with a roll-up door.

I finally had a key fob go haywire on me and quit working. I could not get the car started. I had to call the shop and they gave me the code to the little key box that is bolted to the firewall, there is a spare fob in there as well as an ignition key that still works as a last resort. I dont see the point in keeping the code to the box a secret from the driver, I wrote mine down so that if it happens again I dont have to waste 10 minutes on the phone trying to get hold of a mechanic.

Procedure calls for the mechanic to change the code on the spare box after it has been used.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Procedure calls for the mechanic to change the code on the spare box after it has been used.

I will see whether my mechanic bothered to do so or not.

I do know that the codes are all printed on a sheet of paper that is on a clipboard hanging on the wall of the shop where anyone can walk by and look at it if they were so inclined. Its not like they are the launch codes for nuclear missiles or anything. I fail to see the benefit of trying to keep the code a secret from the driver who will be in the car every day.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I will see whether my mechanic bothered to do so or not.

I do know that the codes are all printed on a sheet of paper that is on a clipboard hanging on the wall of the shop where anyone can walk by and look at it if they were so inclined. Its not like they are the launch codes for nuclear missiles or anything. I fail to see the benefit of trying to keep the code a secret from the driver who will be in the car every day.

Remember, we're talking about UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have this truck it's awesome I'll deal with an extra 10 stops then turning a key anymore

I'm sorry but saving a couple of seconds per stop doesn't equal 20 or 30 minutes a day...where the he'll does ie learn their math...where is their accountability....no wonder why both mgt and union folks are tired of their bogus numbers.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Let's say it saves you 5 seconds per stop and have 120 stops a day. That will save you 10 minutes per day. 10 minutes could be 5 more stops

JonFrum

Let's say it saves you 5 seconds per stop and have 120 stops a day. That will save you 10 minutes per day. 10 minutes could be 5 more stops
If your delivery rate is 5 stops in 10 minutes, and you keep that up all day, you will have delivered your 120 stops in 4 hours and 10 minutes (including break.) Must be a tightly clustered route that takes over 2 hours to travel to, and another 2 hours or so to return to the building.

brown_trousers

or it saves you 30 minutes from accidentally locking your regular keys behind the bulkhead door, and having to wait for a supervisor to drive out and unlock the door for you.