No more RS1

Brownwind

Lol, no sir. I've caught a lot of flak over calltag pick-ups that I've brought back to the building exactly as the customer left it.

It got to the point where one of my on-roads said "If it doesn't look like something you'd be comfortable delivering, it's probably not okay to pick up."

Problem is, when I tell a customer that I can't accept that they fire back with "Well Amazon said it was okay" and I still haven't figured out a response that will defuse the situation and not escalate into a complaint.

Now I'm all about doing what the custy wants. Like, you want to ship 30 loose items in a garbage bag? And you want me to just put the label on the plastic? Sure thing, boss, you got it.
Appreciate your response. I also explain the process and do my best to make sure the customer packs it correctly. Unfortunately our understanding isn’t the same as theirs
With so many miles to cover I do my best to recover the box at the first opportunity. I probably should have done a better job explaining. I posted based on the worst case

HyperBrn

Seriously dude… who cares. Man up and just call your RS1 customers to leave the stuff in the box at the gate.

Most likely they will leave you a pop and a few bucks for a coffee.
da faq? can you re-read what we both posted again and tell me da faq you on about?

Best way to go about it is take the package and have it repackaged in D-Cap.
Lol, no sir. I've caught a lot of flak over calltag pick-ups that I've brought back to the building exactly as the customer left it.

It got to the point where one of my on-roads said "If it doesn't look like something you'd be comfortable delivering, it's probably not okay to pick up."

Problem is, when I tell a customer that I can't accept that they fire back with "Well Amazon said it was okay" and I still haven't figured out a response that will defuse the situation and not escalate into a complaint.

Now I'm all about doing what the custy wants. Like, you want to ship 30 loose items in a garbage bag? And you want me to just put the label on the plastic? Sure thing, boss, you got it.

I just pick it up and tape it all up in the back. Idgaf about my overallowed as it is, and if you're gonna make me tape all those :censored2:ty amazon boxes before I deliver them, I'll damn sure take care of my customers on my route. If it takes me 3 minutes to tape it up, that's $3 more at the end of the day.

Cowboy Mac

Sometimes I give a sigh, facepalm, and then say “I can’t believe they told you that.”

Or say something about people in an Indian call center that have no clue how anything works.

“Sorry ma’am I can’t take it unless it’s taped up. I need to be able to say that the package was sealed when I left here in case some of the contents are missing.”

When they reach for the scotch tape on their desk. “Sorry I don’t think that’s gonna hold very well. Do you have any packing tape? No? Okay I’m gonna leave this label with you.

Brownwind

I just pick it up and tape it all up in the back. Idgaf about my overallowed as it is, and if you're gonna make me tape all those :censored2:ty amazon boxes before I deliver them, I'll damn sure take care of my customers on my route. If it takes me 3 minutes to tape it up, that's $3 more at the end of the day.
Yes always do the customer right. Take the time and make sure the box gets there even if the D-Cap crew needs to Redbox it.

Customer is king and our last name is service.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

Say, “Ma’am, here is the phone number to the local office,” and give her your supervisor’s cell number.

Cowboy Mac

Yes always do the customer right. Take the time and make sure the box gets there even if the D-Cap crew needs to Redbox it.

Customer is king and our last name is service.
Not sure what D-Cap is or Redbox. What about are other customer who we are returning the package to? How about the driver that has to present that trash bag with a label to his customer and say here’s your product?

I don’t know about you but I pick up and deliver packages, I don’t run a pack and ship store.

Brownwind

Not sure what D-Cap is or Redbox. What about are other customer who we are returning the package to? How about the driver that has to present that trash bag with a label to his customer and say here’s your product?

I don’t know about you but I pick up and deliver packages, I don’t run a pack and ship store.
Redbox should have read re box.

D cap is damaged process area.

I am in a rural area and you are correct by not picking up trashed boxes. My point was to do right by the customer and clean up the damaged box that happens in the system.
Appreciate your input

worldwide

It's Amazon going to RS3 because they are starting to wince at rate of returns and I believe RS3 has a lower success rate for customer sending return and higher success rate of recieving the returned product lol.
So we are basically acting like their pawn shop "muscle" and better ensuring the product actually gets returned.
Amazon will start charging customers a $1 fee if they return items to a UPS store when there is a Whole Foods, Amazon Fresh grocery store or Kohl’s closer to their delivery address.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Amazon and the 1lb rs3’s are usually high value items iPads,air pods and cameras. I know because my customers hand me the box without an outside box and I just slap the label on.

YourMissingCallTag

Proof that there is a God…..
75DFA12C-D7A8-4FD3-BC14-FA2C2D62E775.jpeg