No more United Way

Time for change

All you have to do is tell them 60 some cents on the dollar actually going to charity is a scam and that you personally donate where more of your donation $ actually gets to the people in need.

F

Frankie's Friend

i give a dollar to UW so i don’t go on “the list”

i give to UPSPAC though because that’s worth every penny for the future of the company
Is that...
UPS will daily PAC the dispatch rectally up the drivers for the future of the company?

john chesney

I honestly do not know anyone that the United way has help, I had a supervisor use his sad story about how they provided a list of charities that he could contact and thought to myself that they essentially told him to google it
I’ll never forget not one person from United way ever stopped at our picket line in 97.Enough said

oldngray

nowhere special
It was always funny when one of the ardent United Way supporters changed their tune when they needed something themselves and got nothing in return for their previous support. There were some good examples of United Way helping but far too many with the opposite result.

For a while I did the dollar a week bit to keep management happy but I finally stood my ground and said I'm giving nothing. I don't care if it messes up the contribution percentages that make management look good.

I give money directly to organizations I support so there is no doubt where the money is going.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
83013248_999022513816779_613613615278194688_o.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
For the love of G---STOP donating to United Way. There are way better organizations to donate to. Check out which ones are best. VFW, American Legion and the Salvation Army are GREAT.

rod

Retired 22 years
Best and Worst Charities for Your Donations - Consumer Reports
https://www.consumerreports.org/charities/best-charities-for-your-donations/
The best course of action before giving is to check out the charity with one or more of the major charity watchdogs, including the BBB Wise Giving Alliance, Charity Navigator, and CharityWatch.
I see Wounded Warriors Family Support is on the good list. This is NOT the Wounded Warriors that is advertised on tv. Wounded Warriors on tv is a RIP-OFF, Do not donate to them.

oldngray

nowhere special
I see Wounded Warriors Family Support is on the good list. This is NOT the Wounded Warriors that is advertised on tv. Wounded Warriors on tv is a RIP-OFF, Do not donate to them.
I only knew of one. The one that spends more money on itself than helping vets.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Look for the Wounded Veterans Program and donate locally to see your gift gets where it's supposed to go and find out what your gift does for the folks you sent it to.