"No Negro dialect"

tieguy

Banned
You mean like the RNC chairman for your party...
The only Black man in America who "seems" to be offended by Reid's comment. A true barometer of offensivness will be judged by the overall black population, rather than a token leader for a GOP party that is 99% white...The overall Black population does not feel Harry Reid's old fashion comments and his history record paints him as a racist.

So, Whaa...Harry said "Negro" in 2008 in an off the record conversation.... Kudos for Reid for saying "Yeah I said it" and owning up to it. Keep enriching the authors for the book "Game Changer" by talking about this. Lets not omit the chapter in the book where Palin was hopelessly uncoachable....

I think the whole exercise is great because it shows that racism is only racism in a liberals eyes when its peformed by a conservative.

Now when you liberals try to play the race card all we have to do is say Harry reid.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
First and foremost Harry Reid wrote a book and made this comments? How smart was that? However, growing up in the 60's Negro was an acceptable word and even Oprah refers to the word Negro. Not sure what is politically correct nowadays. Negroes, Blacks, and African Americans were the norm in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Guess I'm a few decades behind. Personally, people are people, regardless of color. We all live and breed the same air.
Freudian slip?

bbsam

Staff member
I think the whole exercise is great because it shows that racism is only racism in a liberals eyes when its peformed by a conservative.

Now when you liberals try to play the race card all we have to do is say Harry reid.
So it is the conservative point of view that Reid's comments were racist even though he thought that Obama should run and thought he had a good chance of winning? Of all the relatively strong Democrats against a weak Republican field, Harry Reid singles out a young black senator from Illinois and encourages him to run for the presidency and you think that's racism? Instead of taking the easy stance with Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, or John Kerry, Harry Reid backs Obama and gets called a racist for acknowledging a sad but real truth in the United States? I'm really beginning to think that conservatives really have no feel for racism whatsoever. Racism isn't about the "N" word or political correctness. That's what my previous post was alluding to. Not that people here are racist, but that people seem so far removed from racism or those that experience it even today that they don't even know what it is anymore. It's become a political weapon, a buzz word. Wanna know why I think conservatives are horrible on this? Alan Keyes was brilliant. All the conservative pundits loved what he had to say. Hell, I was impressed. Where were the votes? So away goes Alan Keyes. Until the RNC trots him out and moves him into Illinois to run against Obama for the US senate seat. What is the thinking with conservatives, "if ya wanna beat a black man, ya gotta be a black man?" Obama wins the presidency and who becomes RNC chair? Michael Steele. Same formula, same disasterous results. Just please, please, please don't let Michelle Bachman run around anymore shouting at Steele, "You da man!" I felt sorry for Steele that day. How embarrassing.

tieguy

Banned
So it is the conservative point of view that Reid's comments were racist even though he thought that Obama should run and thought he had a good chance of winning?

Ah what Harry said is Obama might win because he does not look or sound too black. Had a conservative said such a thing the liberal whites would have screamed racism.

bbsam

Staff member
So it is the conservative point of view that Reid's comments were racist even though he thought that Obama should run and thought he had a good chance of winning?

Ah what Harry said is Obama might win because he does not look or sound too black. Had a conservative said such a thing the liberal whites would have screamed racism.

Maybe you should read the entire book.

wkmac

According to a dumb Senator Peckerwood Cracker and a few other like minded folks interestingly enough on both political sides, President Obama can flip a switch and have street creds. Well, that "Al Jolson" song and dance is a lost cause on the street itself and is losing what little effect it had every day.

Seems President Obama more and more has been a democrat party (not that repubs are above this either) ie Washington plan so moronic white Americans could show how good they are by being able in front of the world to do this,

[video=youtube;ulGdqcez2JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulGdqcez2JM&NR=1[/video]

See how good we really are!

[video=youtube;txrikNFX-8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrikNFX-8E&feature=related[/video]

tieguy

Banned
Maybe you should read the entire book.

for some reason reading the entire book never works when it comes time to save some conservatives rear end who said something that sounds racist. Now all of a sudden the liberals want me to "feel" the liberal so I can learn he did a lot of good things in an effort to get the black vote.

there is a double standard here and I don't need to read no book to see it.

island1fox

Tie and bb,
I also thought Reids own statements in his own defense are questionable---"I am the person who stood up for minorities in the State of Nevada----where we had such a long way to go "

Can easily be interpreted that the state he is looking to be re-elected in --he has branded the majority of them as Racists !!!:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
for some reason reading the entire book never works when it comes time to save some conservatives rear end who said something that sounds racist. Now all of a sudden the liberals want me to "feel" the liberal so I can learn he did a lot of good things in an effort to get the black vote.

there is a double standard here and I don't need to read no book to see it.
Ok then you could listen to an interview with the author. He's been over it several times now.

bbsam

Staff member
Tie and bb,
I also thought Reids own statements in his own defense are questionable---"I am the person who stood up for minorities in the State of Nevada----where we had such a long way to go "

Can easily be interpreted that the state he is looking to be re-elected in --he has branded the majority of them as Racists !!!:happy-very:
Or since we are talking about president of the country, Reid was commenting on the prejudices that continue in this country and not a single state in particular.

tieguy

Banned
Or since we are talking about president of the country, Reid was commenting on the prejudices that continue in this country and not a single state in particular.

ROFLMAO did he check Obamas teeth when he assessed the horse in this race. This is good stuff. You folkd some of whom have feigned such outrage when a conservative says something similar now trying to defend Reids comments.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL, my point exactly. The liberal has always claimed to own the race issue and therefore proclaims theirselves the judge of who and what is racist. So in this case the liberals decide no crime was committed because the offense was by a liberal.
Um, racism isn't a crime. But you continue to show just how badly conservatives don't get race issues in the United States. Unless you want to bitch about affirmative action and therefore have yet another reason to feel sorry for yourself.