No on the Master = No on the Supplement

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What would be the sense in voting YES on a Supplement, if you are voting NO on the National Master?

Theoretically, don't we need to know what is in the Master, before we can approve a Supplement?....in order to protect our regional, state, and local autonomy, in regards to objectionable Master language?

Isn't it plausible that a whole new crop of issues could arise, if they were forced back to the bargaining table???

What would be the sense in voting YES on a Supplement, if you are voting NO on the National Master?

Theoretically, don't we need to know what is in the Master, before we can approve a Supplement?....in order to protect our regional, state, and local autonomy, in regards to objectionable Master language?

Isn't it plausible that a whole new crop of issues could arise, if they were forced back to the bargaining table???
This might be the craziest contract ever. When gave you ever seen the union and the company push so hard on a contract?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Food for thought ??

Fred Z.... (and his cronies)

Have negotiated a superior Local 89 Rider.

But, everyone else sucks.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Food for thought ??

Fred Z.... (and his cronies)

Have negotiated a superior Local 89 Rider.

But, everyone else sucks.
The ideals outlined in this thread are not "aimed" at any one Local, State, Region....Ron Carey, or TDU???

Please try to keep your eye on the ball.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Nimnim

The Nim
Ideally there should be a rule where if the national gets voted down all supplements can be renegotiated based on new national language even if they were voted yes.

I don't see it happening, but it would be nice.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This might be the craziest contract ever. When gave you ever seen the union and the company push so hard on a contract?

You know this is my 4th contract vote. First one was not long after starting so I didn't pay much attention. Second one was middle of a recession. Wrapped up in like march. Third one was a bit of a mess. Now this one is insane. I haven't been around forever but I've never seen anything like this.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You would think it would be easier to negotiate these contracts with all the trickle down that was supposed to lift up the working man.
Or that these idiots would have started negotiations much earlier. Or when things were going as crappy as they obviously were the union would have used its strike authorization to push the isssue.

DOK

You would think it would be easier to negotiate these contracts with all the trickle down that was supposed to lift up the working man.
Or that these idiots would have started negotiations much earlier. Or when things were going as crappy as they obviously were the union would have used its strike authorization to push the isssue.

The strike authorization was a dog and pony show, there was no need as the handshake was announced mere days after the vote count.