no raises in 25 year full time pension amounts

Over70irregs

Funny but not so funny cause its true. Reloop the routes back to consistency cause that's how this company made its mark, then time study, no freaking shuttles, create a ireg division, put bulk routes back in, half days would be nice, floaters and quality control drivers, but mainly stop the dispatch madness, lock us in to the same tight area everyday like the old days I guarantee 90% of all small problems like misloads and add cuts not being pulled would disappear.
Frame this message yall.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
those pension amounts were ok in 1997. But they are a joke today. My guess is that they don’t want to incentivize people retiring @ 25 years.

People are way too greedy with pension demands. Clearly you can't have everyone working 25 years and then getting paid for 30 or 40 more

With people living longer, it's just not financially feasible.

Look at how many freight companies used to be in Central States Pension fund.

A truck driver sucking down 2 packs of cigarettes a day.... shorter lifespan.

ski or die

Ski or Die
We have had no increase since ‘94. In 2009 a cut was made. If you started after 1/1/1990, there is no early retirement. You must be 62 to collect. So if you started at 20, you will have worked 42 years to collect . How is that for a kick in the ass?
42 years would be very tough on a person. The physical and mental stress on your body would not leave you many years to enjoy your retirement even if you were physically able too. I remember several fellow employees who passed away within one year after their retirement. 42 years in this kind of environment is impossible.

Mr. Marshall

You clearly ain't a driver. (Edit, talking to Mr. Marshall.)

Have you talked to the older drivers ever?
How many have had heart operations?
How many have had knee problems?
How many of them have back issues?

I'll save you some time.
ALL OF THEM.

Full time driving isn't the same as some office job. You aren't able to just keep going and going. Sooner or later, parts start to break.

Sure, there are some smarter ones who take better care of themselves, and make it longer, but that's more the exception.

UPS breaks these people. They have a right to the pensions that their blood sweat and tears went into for 25 or more years.

Explain your reasoning. Why can't they draw for 30 - 40 years?
The funds that go in are invested. They should be making profits. It shouldn't matter if you live 10 years after retirement, or 50.

You are wrong. I've spent over 10 years driving. Driving is of course tough but I found the years I spent as a 22.3 just as tough or maybe tougher because I didn't have the windshield time. Do you really think that drivers are the only people that have heart/knee issues etc? So many people are having knees replaced and at such a young age that people are now needing a second set because the first replacements wear out. Reading this forum people act as if we are coal minors. Regardless it's not financially feasible for the rest of us in the pension fund for people to leave at 50 with increased pensions so if you want to retire at 25 years I would suggest you increase your savings.

Over70irregs

Last time I checked, drivers out West are retiring at 50 years old if they started young. Some I hear leave at 48 with peer 80. Obviously that is with 30 years. The very fact that people are on second set of knees says the early well funded option to leave early should be an option. With the contract that is submitted so far fulltime pension enhancement should be a plus. Note* They bashed you with overtime on purpose so you would not push for greater pension improvements.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Anybody in the West with the Peer 80 please let everybody else know what your monetary benefits would be with a 30 year any age retirement? Last info I saw was back in 2015, something like 5,100 I just want to know if that is true. Also how much would you get if you work 35 years at age 60?

I am from the Central which will pay 3,900 at 30 any age under the this proposed contract. Are you getting a similar 500 dollar boast in yours?

Different areas get a little different amounts due to different contribution rates. But as of right now you get 1.2% of your contributions. Going forward, 20k in contributions for 30 years = 7200. 35 years is 8470.

A .50 increase in contributions = 12.24.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You might want to study up on the fund status for each of the Locals. Quite a few are in endangered status. The new contract does not seem to address the issue with a large enough increase in contributions to increase the monthly pension. If your fund is continually decreasing each year, it does not make sense to increase the monthly payout. Ask Central State retirees how they feel about it.
It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.

Brownslave688

Different areas get a little different amounts due to different contribution rates. But as of right now you get 1.2% of your contributions. Going forward, 20k in contributions for 30 years = 7200. 35 years is 8470.

A .50 increase in contributions = 12.24.
That the western conference?

T dog

Im also hearing where some of these regions our teamster brothers and sisters are able to retire and purchase the UPS retiree health plan at age 52 but other regions are not that fortunate. From what I'm told if you were in the central states health fund in August of 2013 you have to wait until 55. This is something that should be changed for sure to make it fair for everyone and give them the opportunity to get insurance at 52. If that was done more teamsters would get the chance to leave with early retirement even if it was with a reduced pension.

Brownslave688

Im also hearing where some of these regions our teamster brothers and sisters are able to retire and purchase the UPS retiree health plan at age 52 but other regions are not that fortunate. From what I'm told if you were in the central states health fund in August of 2013 you have to wait until 55. This is something that should be changed for sure to make it fair for everyone and give them the opportunity to get insurance at 52. If that was done more teamsters would get the chance to leave with early retirement even if it was with a reduced pension.
Ours used to be 57. May be 55 now I'm
Not sure.

But yeah 57 puts me at 35 years driving min to retire basically

jagger john

Why did each category in article 34 get raises except for the 2000 dollars for 25 years of service at any age and the 2500 dollars for 25 years at 57 years old? Even the part time pension for 25 years of service at any age got bumped up to 1325 dollars. With the amount of hours that a full time person works more than a part timer there is no way there should be only a 675 dollar difference in pension and no raise as well. We kept hearing how this contract was going to give some of the drivers with over 25 years of service and over age 50 opportunities to retire with insurance but nothing has changed. This was the best opportunity with the projected profits and tax break the company got to configure one of the best contracts ever for teamsters and it has to be one of the worst. Another vote for no here and i hope my fellow teamster brothers and sisters will do the same.
you are corect im 54 32 years driving 2 hurina sugeries cant retire with medical.and these pieces :censored2: dont even get us pension raise till 2020.they want us to drop dead before we collect by blocking our posts on ups riseing shows how corrupt the union is vote hell no tell coworkers same

siouxman

siouxman
You clearly ain't a driver. (Edit, talking to Mr. Marshall.)

Have you talked to the older drivers ever?
How many have had heart operations?
How many have had knee problems?
How many of them have back issues?

I'll save you some time.
ALL OF THEM.

Full time driving isn't the same as some office job. You aren't able to just keep going and going. Sooner or later, parts start to break.

Sure, there are some smarter ones who take better care of themselves, and make it longer, but that's more the exception.

UPS breaks these people. They have a right to the pensions that their blood sweat and tears went into for 25 or more years.

Explain your reasoning. Why can't they draw for 30 - 40 years?
The funds that go in are invested. They should be making profits. It shouldn't matter if you live 10 years after retirement, or 50.
Central states is a multi employer fund with trucking companies that have gone belly up and the fund can not sustain paying a pension to its members.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Central states is a multi employer fund with trucking companies that have gone belly up and the fund can not sustain paying a pension to its members.
Compared to the western conference plan which has very few trucking companies in it and is very diverse ....makes a huge difference