No running water/ sanitary issues

Big Rigger

I got a hard head when I’m right, with the bumps to prove it😂. To many look the other way, and unfortunately the new guys won’t always open their mouth. I’m close to retiring and I hope those behind me will keep up the fight.
Brother they'll have to fight sooner or later. It's just a matter of time. But it's much better to draw a line in the sand on day one and get the party started.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I told them to unload a package car that had cracked glass in the side door and they said nope! Some coverage driver ran it all week before that when I was on vacation with tape on the crack. I told them I was going to call the PUCO investigator and bring him in (I have his cell phone number) and the DM just happened to be there. He made a phone call and came back out to the center manager and said "Unload it".

The liability is on the employee. When you know it's unlawful or unethical you have a responsibility to stand up for yourself. If it could cause harm to yourself or anyone else then you need to take a stand. Other than these situations you obey the directive from management under protest and file a grievance.
That was one of the first things my steward told me when I was new, it’s on you kid! If it’s a safety issue let em know or go the shop before you leave the yard. Most think the company is liable, but if you get pulled over or get in an accident because of a safety issue it’s you’re own fault.

Big Rigger

Always go through the proper channels if you can and give the company a chance to fix the issue.
If you get continuously blown off then go "outside of the box".
They hate "outside of the box".

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
There you go. SOMEONE has to stand up. I knew plenty of crooked BAs and cowardly stewards over the years but from day one I said I'll never be one of those.
When the company wanted to rumble over crap they knew was unsafe, unlawful, or unethical I never backed down or made any deals.
The legacy you leave behind is priceless.
The unions need stalwart leaders and if they don't step up it destroys the labor movement faster than RTW.
Evil will prevail when good men do nothing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I knew of a fellow employee who did not seem to appreciate his manager and left a present inside his desk drawer. Manager didn't take it well, but never found out who was so generous to leave him such a special gift.
I wish I’d been there to see that manager! That’s an instant classic!😂 Probably do DNA test today!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I knew of a fellow employee who did not seem to appreciate his manager and left a present inside his desk drawer. Manager didn't take it well, but never found out who was so generous to leave him such a special gift.
Damn
Wet and runny? Or dry and chunky?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Only knew about it. Had no desire to take a gander at it. They said the manager really lost it when he opened the desk drawer.

Many moons ago we had a driver who put a dead ground hog in his manager’s office.

They never found out who did it.

The just lined up the usual suspects, unfortunately that meant ever driver in his center.

Another incident was someone gave his supervisor or management team a batch of brownies laced with ex lax...

Probably many more stories like those...