No running water/ sanitary issues

Big Rigger

Forget the OSHA bull. Your local health department will get you action.

How any facility can have no water us beyond me? Something from this story is missing?
The water lines can be replaced at the street if they're old. They get shut down for water main repair as well. This happens all the time. Normally is sets in motion a ton of loose debris in the lines that need evacuated if the lines were really old. Heck in some areas the old lines are galvanized and it's pretty nasty.

If the break in service is more than a partial day the company is aware and porta potties plus bottled water must be brought in and the eye wash stations are to be replaced with temporary mobile washes to compensate for the disruption until repaired.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
there is nothing or no one anonymous at ups ....cameras, taps, informants, management hired as union people, rewards paid out to union people to rat on other members, undercover police in the work force. all this has been going on for a long time. infiltrations. take a good look at the people you work for and the people you work with..there are more moles among you.

Just like Germany in the 1940’s... 😳

CHEMA-DELMA

There is a building in this area that is embarrassment to have the Shield on it, I can't believe how bad it was. I worked there for my last peak assignment, and gave credit to those who went to work there daily

Big Rigger

Contact OSHA. I called them for piss bottles in my truck when I got back from vacation bc the sup told me to throw them away. I stood there and watched him do it after I called OSHA standing in front of him. What’s funny is they told me I would remain anonymous. I said I’m standing right in front of him I don’t care if they have my name.
It's better that they put your name in the report and that you make it known to the company that it was you that called or reported it to OSHA. That way you have Whistleblower protection.

What'dyabringmetoday???

there is nothing or no one anonymous at ups ....cameras, taps, informants, management hired as union people, rewards paid out to union people to rat on other members, undercover police in the work force. all this has been going on for a long time. infiltrations. take a good look at the people you work for and the people you work with..there are more moles among you.
Infiltrations- lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There is a building in this area that is embarrassment to have the Shield on it, I can't believe how bad it was. I worked there for my last peak assignment, and gave credit to those who went to work there daily
It seems like the northeast is riddled with these old tombs

DELACROIX

It's better that they put your name in the report and that you make it known to the company that it was you that called or reported it to OSHA. That way you have Whistleblower protection.

I don’t know about listing your name, remember who we are dealing with...🤔

Big Rigger

I don’t know about listing your name, remember who we are dealing with...🤔
They may not fire you but they can make you miserable
Get some stones. We've been there and survived multiple times. The company said they didn't know the employee filed the original OSHA charges in the last Whistleblower lawsuit the government filed after they retaliated. That got thrown out when the evidence was presented and THAT is why it's important to have your name on the charge.

Someone has got to step up then the rest will follow.

A real teamster is not a coward.

UnionStrong

Get some stones. We've been there and survived multiple times. The company said they didn't know the employee filed the original OSHA charges in the last Whistleblower lawsuit the government filed after they retaliated. That got thrown out when the evidence was presented and THAT is why it's important to have your name on the charge.

Calm down big guy! I’m old enough not to care what these asses do to me, I’m just saying be prepared for the consequences. But we have to endure them! Can’t make progress or right wrongs by hiding.
I’m with you, can’t be a coward or timid! And I’m not known to be very timid in my barn😂

DELACROIX

Not so much a coward.. but more like 🐥...

Every time I have stepped up, the rest scattered.

And they did retaliate...without any penalties?

UnionStrong

Not so much a coward.. but more like 🐓...

Most will scatter, but there’s always a few that will fight. I have beefed for all sorts of safety issues over the years, if I’m in the right I’ll go to the wall fighting. Did they bust my balls? They tried too, after a while they leave you alone because they know its useless. Just don’t make a fuss over nonsense. I have to say I had good teachers in my center, lots of high seniority drivers when I was coming up, 20-25,+ year guys. They set the tone and eventually we took up the torch.

Big Rigger

Not so much a coward.. but more like 🐓...

The company lost and backed off. Long story.
We tried many times to rectify the situations thru the grievance procedure and the safety committee.
They wanted to fight about it so we finally filed the charge(s).
We've filed multiple times and every time the member's name was put on the charge(s).
OSHA told me that if the company retaliated after we settled an issue that they would bring more charges and they were happy to help.

That being said...

Do you think we wanted to go that route with OSHA? Nope. Not at all. But we couldn't get traction any other way. We tried. Multiple times.
But after the multiple fines came in and the appeals failed we didn't have to bark loud to get truly unsafe issues corrected without filing a grievance or telling them twice.

Monetary loss is what moves the mules here.

"But it's all about the safety of our employees" we hear all the time.

If 17a was applicable both directions HR would need a revolving door on their office.

UnionStrong

The company lost and backed off. Long story.
We tried many times to rectify the situations thru the grievance procedure and the safety committee.
They wanted to fight about it so we finally filed the charge(s).
We've filed multiple times and every time the member's name was put on the charge(s).
OSHA told me that if the company retaliated after we settled an issue that they would bring more charges and they were happy to help.

That being said...

Do you think we wanted to go that route with OSHA? Nope. Not at all. But we couldn't get traction any other way. We tried. Multiple times.
But after the multiple fines came in and the appeals failed we didn't have to bark loud to get truly unsafe issues corrected without filing a grievance or telling them twice.

Monetary loss is what moves the mules here.

"But it's all about the safety of our employees" we hear all the time.

If 17a was applicable both directions HR would need a revolving door on their office.
They would send us out on bald tires if you let em! Safety of employees my ass!

Big Rigger

Most will scatter, but there’s always a few that will fight. I have beefed for all sorts of safety issues over the years, if I’m in the right I’ll go to the wall fighting. Did they bust my balls? They tried too, after a while they leave you alone because they know its useless. Just don’t make a fuss over nonsense. I have to say I had good teachers in my center, lots of high seniority drivers when I was coming up, 20-25,+ year guys. They set the tone and eventually we took up the torch.
There you go. SOMEONE has to stand up. I knew plenty of crooked BAs and cowardly stewards over the years but from day one I said I'll never be one of those.
When the company wanted to rumble over crap they knew was unsafe, unlawful, or unethical I never backed down or made any deals.
The legacy you leave behind is priceless.
The unions need stalwart leaders and if they don't step up it destroys the labor movement faster than RTW.

Big Rigger

They would send us out on bald tires if you let em! Safety of employees my ass!
I told them to unload a package car that had cracked glass in the side door and they said nope! Some coverage driver ran it all week before that when I was on vacation with tape on the crack. I told them I was going to call the PUCO investigator and bring him in (I have his cell phone number) and the DM just happened to be there. He made a phone call and came back out to the center manager and said "Unload it".

The liability is on the employee. When you know it's unlawful or unethical you have a responsibility to stand up for yourself. If it could cause harm to yourself or anyone else then you need to take a stand. Other than these situations you obey the directive from management under protest and file a grievance.

UnionStrong

There you go. SOMEONE has to stand up. I knew plenty of crooked BAs and cowardly stewards over the years but from day one I said I'll never be one of those.
When the company wanted to rumble over crap they knew was unsafe, unlawful, or unethical I never backed down or made any deals.
The legacy you leave behind is priceless.
The unions need stalwart leaders and if they don't step up it destroys the labor movement faster than RTW.
I got a hard head when I’m right, with the bumps to prove it😂. To many look the other way, and unfortunately the new guys won’t always open their mouth. I’m close to retiring and I hope those behind me will keep up the fight.