No scans

RedRvrDrvr

Anyone else getting write up for “no-scans?” Package is not in car, yet mgmt insist it was because their computer says it was. How are you fighting this?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I scanned it and then immediately spotted a damage/bad address/pending or possible add-cut/did not fit in car left behind/somehow lost it behind the boxline.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Also if a salt is even remotely noticable (IE the address is out of range despite having a good scan) I will and have intercepted them prior to getting loaded.
Its a twice yearly occurance. Address is clearly wrong but the scanner says yes. I say no. Is it a salt?

RedRvrDrvr

Do they find it on your car?
Are they auditing your car and physically seeing the package?
Not physically seeing package. Report just shows that package was scanned and “loaded” into the car. This is happening to all drivers. I haven’t been written up because I haven’t had any missing packages until today. I guess I’ll see what happens tomorrow.

RedRvrDrvr

Also if a salt is even remotely noticable (IE the address is out of range despite having a good scan) I will and have intercepted them prior to getting loaded.
Its a twice yearly occurance. Address is clearly wrong but the scanner says yes. I say no. Is it a salt?
Not salt. They just claim it was loaded because it has a scan. I’ve seen loaders scanning packages and just piling them outside the car. That scan indicates it was “loaded.”

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not physically seeing package. Report just shows that package was scanned and “loaded” into the car. This is happening to all drivers. I haven’t been written up because I haven’t had any missing packages until today. I guess I’ll see what happens tomorrow.
I think this is happening at my building too according to a snippet of conversation. I guess I will ask my drivers and kick some ass after the sort.

542thruNthru

Anyone else getting write up for “no-scans?” Package is not in car, yet mgmt insist it was because their computer says it was. How are you fighting this?

A few things you could do. Demand they audit your car when you come in.

Send messages through out the day of missing packages.

Also file harrassment.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Sounds like they are misusing technology for disciplinary purpose.

The Company acknowledges that there have been problems
with the utilization of technology in the past. Therefore, at the
request of the Union’s Joint National Negotiating Committee
Co-Chair a meeting will be scheduled with the Company Co-Chair
to discuss any alleged misuse of technology for disciplinary pur-
poses and what steps are necessary to remedy any misuse.

542thruNthru

What I believe is going on is. The company is saying he delivered the package but didn't scan it. Usually a bulk stop.

That happen here for a while.

Don't sign anything and make sure to count the packages at a delivery.

They will usually call the company and confirm if they received the package .

SameRightsForAll

Not salt. They just claim it was loaded because it has a scan. I’ve seen loaders scanning packages and just piling them outside the car. That scan indicates it was “loaded.”

No, the scan itself doesn't indicate the package was loaded. Walking onto the package car with the scanner will log the package(s) as loaded. There should be up to 4 sensors attached to the shelves that detect when you walk onto the car and all pending packages (for that car only) will be removed from the pending scans. There's a very good chance that the package actually was loaded on your car.