No Talking Policy.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
That must be the contract feeder from last peak. Look at that wet spot.
IMG_20221215_143449790~2.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I wish they would institute a no talking policy in automotive.

Don't answer the phone becuase... I can't talk. Whole air trailer goes missed because nobody handled the breakdown.

No delays since I can't talk to the driver and writen communication is just the same as far as I am concerned. Only solution is do a full FED inspection on every delay. All loads go missed

No part transfers, sup would have to drive in at midnight to tell me the latest priority of the day.. since we cant answer the phone.

Another tech needs help. Oh well have to wait for a sup to drive in so he can tell the sup to tell me to help him bleed brakes or hold something

Watch someone struggle for days trying to find that corrosion spot in the wiring harness that you know is there because all the POS freightliner PKG cars no start eventually for it but new guy does not know..

Oh well no talking.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I wish they would institute a no talking policy in automotive.

Don't answer the phone becuase... I can't talk. Whole air trailer goes missed because nobody handled the breakdown.

No delays since I can't talk to the driver and writen communication is just the same as far as I am concerned. Only solution is do a full FED inspection on every delay. All loads go missed

No part transfers, sup would have to drive in at midnight to tell me the latest priority of the day.. since we cant answer the phone.

Another tech needs help. Oh well have to wait for a sup to drive in so he can tell the sup to tell me to help him bleed brakes or hold something

Watch someone struggle for days trying to find that corrosion spot in the wiring harness that you know is there because all the POS freightliner PKG cars no start eventually for it but new guy does not know..

Oh well no talking.
Thanks for your valuable contribution

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Agree!
Stupid post
Stupid interpretation of OPs comment

Yawn...... yeah, my comment was 100 percent talking about the OPs situation.... I have never been a package handler or driver at UPS or anywhere else for that matter but I am sure some level of communication is required for the job. My auto shop is in the hub, are we going to allow us in automotive and the PE techs to talk but have a no talking policy for the inside employees?

My post was intended to be satire and probably would be somewhat comical to someone in my department The auto tech group on FB probably would be a better audience.

Anyway, the policy the OP mentioned is unenforceable and stupid and unenforceable stupid policies just create a divided miserable unproductive workforce.

Last edited:

Brown Down

malicious compliance his ass. I wouldn't say another word. Sup asks a question just shrug. Stop the belt and they ask who all they would get was silence. Dumb :censored2: like this deserves it and a good steward would have already brought up the problems of no talking. Make them pay.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Yawn...... yeah, my comment was 100 percent talking about the OPs situation.... I have never been a package handler or driver at UPS or anywhere else for that matter but I am sure some level of communication is required for the job. My auto shop is in the hub, are we going to allow us in automotive and the PE techs to talk but have a no talking policy for the inside employees?

My post was intended to be satire and probably would be somewhat comical to someone in my department The auto tech group on FB probably would be a better audience.

Anyway, the policy the OP mentioned is unenforceable and stupid and unenforceable stupid policies just create a divided miserable unproductive workforce.
Yawn.........yeah, auto shop....LOL

qdg2

malicious compliance his ass. I wouldn't say another word. Sup asks a question just shrug. Stop the belt and they ask who all they would get was silence. Dumb :censored2: like this deserves it and a good steward would have already brought up the problems of no talking. Make them pay.
Yes. Work EXACTLY as directed. Anytime I was given such directives....."Are you sure this is what you want me to do?"

Like: "Why didn't you call?" "We don't have cell phones." "I did send a message.....but never got a response." "Next time....find a phone." "Well, how far and how long do you want me to take?" "Can you drive on that flat?" "3 hours?......uh no." "Well we can't get to you for 2 hours....." "K. I'll be here."

And when you know you could help them......you always look back for being bitched at and making the list...like over/under allowed.......14.2 sporh vs. 14.4......No? Absolutely. "What happened?" "Delivered a home gym on a third floor apartment...." "Why you laying down on me.....?" No? Absolutely.