No training.

oldngray

nowhere special
Saying there are lesbians at UPS reminds me of the scene from Casablanca where Inspector Renault was "Shocked, shocked" that it could happen. (gambling but insert lesbian here)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's true tho! As soon as she says "You're giving me a warning letter because I'm a lesbian", they will fall all over themselves taking it back and forgetting about it.

P.S. Anyone advertising being a lesbian by using it in their username has opened themselves up to any comments about it. I have nothing against anyones sexual preference, but this is attention wh...........ing.
Agreed...her "attention *****" sign is being repainted..lol. I work just as hard as anyone...and in 8 years have never played the "lacking a trouser snake" card whenever I've been called into the office. I expect to be treated the same as a male employee...no exceptions.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And I go to the office, for being a :censored2:.....go figure?
Oh my mouth has also gotten me in my fair share of trouble over the years. (NO pun intended IVE lol) I'll heard crap after vacation from my center manager about what I told the Orion person...lol. How dare I get sarcastic and critical to a corporate person...blah blah blah...lol. I don't kiss :censored2:...someone asks my opinion, I'm blunt and honest, especially at ups. Sugar coating is for donuts.

over9five

Staff member
Oh my mouth has also gotten me in my fair share of trouble over the years. (NO pun intended IVE lol) I'll heard crap after vacation from my center manager about what I told the Orion person...lol. How dare I get sarcastic and critical to a corporate person...blah blah blah...lol. I don't kiss :censored2:...someone asks my opinion, I'm blunt and honest, especially at ups. Sugar coating is for donuts.
I honestly believe that the Orion corporate person DOES want you to be blunt and honest.

Maybe not sarcastic, tho!!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I honestly believe that the Orion corporate person DOES want you to be blunt and honest.

Maybe not sarcastic, tho!!!!!
She introduced herself so she knows my name and seemed surprised when I told her my opinion...I have lil doubt she'll mention it to my center manager. It is what it is....I should learn to shut my mouth sometimes...lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So today I ran in to a problem. I was doing my second stop. And apparently it was the wrong address. So I called the number on the package to find out what was the deal with this package. I spoke to the lady. It was her meds and she needs them today and needed to be refrigerated which stated that on the box. She was busy at the time when we spoke so I told her to pick it up at the hub. Which I didn't know that it was closed until later on she called me and told me it was closed. So I told her to drive around back and speak with my sub. The guard stopped her. She told him the situation. And told them I told her to drive around. So she went.. I called her back and asked her what happened. And she said that she was handed the package.. I'm in deep shot once I come back to work on Saturday ain't I? I'm fairly new and in that situation I didn't know what to do besides tell her to find my sub in the hub
If your going to take the time to call customer, take a couple of minutes to either send message to center on diad or call into center and get them to give you the correct address

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yea but what about the human being factor. Someone might really need the meds. I would feel real bad if something happened to that person that I didn't just try a little harder.
If they needed their meds that bad they might make sure the address is right. I wouldn't feel bad at all but then again I'm an :censored2:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No need for that type of comment, good way to get kicked off of here. Highly uncalled for. Certain things on here you just cant say and that is one of them. Could have been a little less discrete with the comment

The screen name didn't match the comment, did it?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Could have been the shippers fault. Ive had a couple where either it had 1 bad number in address or totally wrong. The shipper does mess up some time. I can usually solve the problem on the fly if I know the person or if I use disgression on the importance of the package.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
hotdogcontainer-1.jpg
now with Stay Fresh...lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could have been the shippers fault. Ive had a couple where either it had 1 bad number in address or totally wrong. The shipper does mess up some time. I can usually solve the problem on the fly if I know the person or if I use disgression on the importance of the package.

In one of the earlier posts (#17) the OP says that the consignee usually has the meds shipped to her job during the week and to her house on Saturday and that they were shipped to her job in error.