No Trust

OrionsBitch

Not...
Received this message from management. Do t even bother asking me if I knocked or made an attempt. Just send me some snarky ass message accusing me lol I knocked on the front door, and side door, rang the doorbell and even knocked in the window. Just another example of how UPS has no respect for their employees and has no trust. I know it's not a big deal, but would it hurt to call and ask me?!

Attachments

• Snapchat-437632316.jpg
    Snapchat-437632316.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 226

KOG72

I’m full of it
Received this message from management. Do t even bother asking me if I knocked or made an attempt. Just send me some snarky ass message accusing me lol I knocked on the front door, and side door, rang the doorbell and even knocked in the window. Just another example of how UPS has no respect for their employees and has no trust. I know it's not a big deal, but would it hurt to call and ask me?!
What kills me about this is most of the time the customer is not at home and just calls in to say crap like that.If they would just call in and ask for a re-attempt I usually have no problem doing it just don't call in and lie.

OrionsBitch

Not...
What kills me about this is most of the time the customer is not at home and just calls in to say crap like that.If they would just call in and ask for a re-attempt I usually have no problem doing it just don't call in and lie.
Exactly. I have no problem going back if the customer just missed me etc. But for management to send some smart ass comment because Im sure the customer called in and lied as they usually do. This customer always files claims and they are never there. They have to sign for everything because of the claim. Their car was there so I knocked on all the doors. How's it my fault they won't get out of bed and get their box. Can't spend 20min at one house waiting for someone to come sign.

Indecisi0n

Exactly. I have no problem going back if the customer just missed me etc. But for management to send some smart ass comment because Im sure the customer called in and lied as they usually do. This customer always files claims and they are never there. They have to sign for everything because of the claim. Their car was there so I knocked on all the doors. How's it my fault they won't get out of bed and get their box. Can't spend 20min at one house waiting for someone to come sign.
It's because the customer knows if they call up and say they missed you because they weren't there then UPS will not send you back but instead offer to will call the package. If they lie and act upset then UPS will send you back.

J92

Take a picture at the door with the address number on it and then let them know that this is the proof. As for management, I'm sure they got the complaint from the customer. Most likely they are passing the message along. Of course, I agree, they could do a better job in terms of their communication.

OrionsBitch

Not...
That message reads like the snarkiness is directed at the customer, not the driver.
No because they were referring that this is the second customer that called in a complaint in two weeks. It was directed at me. I always knock and I always honk my horn. Some butthurt customer didn't get their iPhone last week so they called in naturally management takes their side.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Ask them if the package you're delivering is their :censored2:ing doorbell finally.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No because they were referring that this is the second customer that called in a complaint in two weeks. It was directed at me. I always knock and I always honk my horn. Some butthurt customer didn't get their iPhone last week so they called in naturally management takes their side.
"The customer is always right"

OrionsBitch

Not...
If your house isn't properly labeled with a house number, if your doorbell doesn't work, or if you have trees that prevent us from getting down your Mike long lane, UPS should tell them to screw off. None of those things are hard to fix.

GenericUsername

If they have a mile long lane to their house (I assume country?) DR bag that crap at the end by the fence/gate and call it a great day. No way in hell I'm going down a mile long drive to attempt to turn around in little to no room without damaging some grass.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This is one reason why I like working with specialized things where your customer base actually does know what the hell they are talking about instead of a bunch of wild, dangerous animals like the general public.

OrionsBitch

Not...

That saying is a bunch of crap. Everyone who is a customer in any industry is a lying, stealing, selfish, SOB. It's Human nature. UPS needs to tell these people to deal with it. What are they going to do? Switch shippers? I'll call their bluff. They might have something shipped FedEx once through Amazon, but after a few orders they will either realize FedEx sucks or two they just want their :censored2: asap and won't care who brings it. Plus a lot of times you can't even decide who your carrier is (for residential deliveries). I'm all for providing a good service, but customers are unreasonable most of the time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll be at subway taking lunch from 12-1. They can meet me there if they want ;)