Noob Driver questions...

Correct Upsate, but you need to add that the people in charge have to do their part. In our center, so far they haven't put forth much effort in getting it right. The driver can only report errors to them, we can not fix them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent point. I too have given my dispatch sup suggestions on how to fix my EDD and it takes several "gentle" reminders for him to get off his butt and implement them. Putting the time in to make sure your DOL is 100% will pay huge dividends down the road.

Trplnkl, I never had a RD address with the house 12 miles from the mailbox. I think the furthest I ever had was about 1 miles in to the woods and was fortunate in that the homeowner put a box by his mailbox for UPS deliveries.

Trplnkl, I never had a RD address with the house 12 miles from the mailbox. I think the furthest I ever had was about 1 miles in to the woods and was fortunate in that the homeowner put a box by his mailbox for UPS deliveries.
I forgot to mention that half of those miles were unpaved. That was one of those stops that made me cuss, when I saw it. One trip out there I was dodging a tree branch in the road, hit a rock on the sidewall of a front tire, It took two hours to get me back on the road. I did try to get the customer to put a UPS box by the mail box, there was a house withing 30 yards, but the customer just never got aroundtuit. Sometimes the fun is so none stop I can hardly stand the joy.

WyoBrown

Correct Upsate, but you need to add that the people in charge have to do their part. In our center, so far they haven't put forth much effort in getting it right. The driver can only report errors to them, we can not fix them.
This is exactly what I fear, lack of effort. Our ctr is in such upheaval on so many levels that adding PAS to the mess just might collapse the whole fiasco. All of the physical aspects of the system have been installed but completion has been stalled. Probably a blessing in disguise as the "effort" needed to get it right is probably a pipe dream at the moment. I actually look forward to the system, anything would be an improvement over preloader musical chairs game going on. I would give my undying devotion to anyone that could provide a consistent load!

yuhjnm

yuhjnm
more for a new driver
never got this one reasons for late air

A - request late
only if on 2nd try that day or if opens after commit and only if you center had told you to use it

B - inclement weather
even if its really bad outside flooding down pouring snow strom the weather did make the delay its still "x other" unless told to use "B inclement weather"

C - security check
Never but our hub has federal courts irs airports and army posts all with security checks but told never use this

x - other
driver error and all the above

why does the diad ask for a late reason anyway when you track the package it show a 2nd attempt if its inclement weather everything that day becomes inclement weather and if its just late its late

oops i just sheet it "x other" out of habit and was told to hit "b" now i have to void the package and resheet it again more time a driver wastes just like where they put the signature key every customer hits it then you have to take it back set it up again and hand it back again to them (some times void the signature also) and the shift key has to be on to hit "x other" their are so many others also but you do get use to it

i guess the people that design the diad never plan on using it