NORTH KOREA GOVERNMENT CONFISCATING ALL PET DOGS TO BE USED TO FEED HUMANS!

Nah
so youre saying all of the food insecure people in america are on hunger strike or something? you have a perfect system with no gaps?

No system is perfect, but yes. Unless you tried to starve to death, it would never happen here. I was homeless and got my food from a food bank for 3 years in my late teens.

There was a lot for me to worry about then, food was never part of that.

vantexan

so youre saying all of the food insecure people in america are on hunger strike or something? you have a perfect system with no gaps?
There is no perfect system but those people can get food if they want to. Literally every area of the U.S. has food banks and/or church charities that give away free food. You have some notion that the U.S. is some heartless place that lets people starve. Nothing further from the truth.

Box Ox

You think the US is doing better or worse than the Soviet Union did for its people when it comes to food insecurity?

rickyb

No system is perfect, but yes. Unless you tried to starve to death, it would never happen here. I was homeless and got my food from a food bank for 3 years in my late teens.

There was a lot for me to worry about then, food was never part of that.
@vantexan
1597687023398.png

in addition the numbers could be understated like unemployment is

vantexan

rickyb

There is no perfect system but those people can get food if they want to. Literally every area of the U.S. has food banks and/or church charities that give away free food. You have some notion that the U.S. is some heartless place that lets people starve. Nothing further from the truth.
im actually right about that notion. the world is a heartless place depending on which country you live in. i got a buddy whos disabled but for some reason he doesnt collect disability.

Box Ox

@vantexan
View attachment 306289

How many in North Korea don't have enough to eat? Your system doesn't work, Uncle Rick.

vantexan

im actually right about that notion. the world is a heartless place depending on which country you live in. i got a buddy whos disabled but for some reason he doesnt collect disability.
You think the U.S. just lets people starve? Totally heartless, don't care? Stay in Canada.

Nah
@vantexan
View attachment 306289

Who would've guessed that arbitrary government mandates regarding "lockdowns," "essential businesses," and "nonessential businesses" would cause unemployment to go up and jeopardize the supply chain.

You call it a problem with capitalism, I call it a problem with psychopathic authoritarians overstepping their bounds.