Not Coding as Unattempted

Maui

if it doesn't matter then what's the point in having it? I get the fact that it's going to show up on the VIPER report, but there has to be a reason why they made the code. Maybe back in the day pre-VIPER? I dont know.
What I mean by doesn’t matter is that the station still looks bad. They still aren’t delivering the packages that customers expect.

Anyone with a lick of sense will say that those are most likely DEX01. The report shows the last scan - arrival, SIP, van, some dex code (1,12,84) or other. The person instructing not to code DEX01 thinks hundreds with van as the last scan isn’t a red flag. They are wrong.

Also most districts and some regions have at least the worst performers report details for VIPER anyway. It’s a fool’s errand not to code accurately with a DEX01. In fact that is the guidance in the Western Division.

MassWineGuy

When I came in off the road last night my manager told me that the senior manager wanted a written statement from me (before I left) about my unattempted deliveries. Being the excellent writer/editor that I am, I wrote a concise, on point statement covering why, how Response is failing and what happens when promised support from day routes doesn’t happen.

I also agreed to code 01s under different codes if I’m given something in writing signed by a manager. I can hardly wait to go in today.

yadig

When I came in off the road last night my manager told me that the senior manager wanted a written statement from me (before I left) about my unattempted deliveries. Being the excellent writer/editor that I am, I wrote a concise, on point statement covering why, how Response is failing and what happens when promised support from day routes doesn’t happen.

I also agreed to code 01s under different codes if I’m given something in writing signed by a manager. I can hardly wait to go in today.
I wouldn’t have wrote anything

dezguy

I had an ops admin try to tell me not to dex01 stuff, years ago. Continued to do it to this day and have not had anyone in management say anything to me about it.

I always let my manager and dispatcher know when I'm going to have dex01's. After that, it's on them.

NC man

Always loved how we have all these codes but told not to use some of them even though they apply to a situation.get rid of them if not going to use them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Always loved how we have all these codes but told not to use some of them even though they apply to a situation.get rid of them if not going to use them.
Just like a SM we once had, he had a real problem with code 22 shuttle even though we only used it when meeting up on road for late freight.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I had an ops admin try to tell me not to dex01 stuff, years ago. Continued to do it to this day and have not had anyone in management say anything to me about it.

I always let my manager and dispatcher know when I'm going to have dex01's. After that, it's on them.
I think they did have one that was deleted. Inclement weather (think blizzards, tornados etc.)
We had one guy use it because it was just raining out and he didn’t wanna get wet.

Maui

You never have to write a statement. Sometimes it's in your best interest to abstain and sometimes it's best to tell what happened.

I probably would have provided a statement for this. Do you make SPH? It should be easily known if your route is over capacity. I would only ask for a statement if you're underperforming. Otherwise it's fully a management problem.

MassWineGuy

My day yesterday began with a pleasant sit down with the SM. She was fresh out of croissants au chocolate so we had to rough it.

Summary:

Has any manager ever told you to wrongly code an 01? (Administrator doesn’t count).

You’re not working efficiently. (I did tell her that she, herself, couldn’t have done any better.)

Why did it take 20 minutes between a completed stop and starting your break? You have five minutes to start your break after a stop and five minutes from end of break to the next stop. (Has anyone ever heard this? My manager hasn’t and she’s been around about 25 years.)

And FINALLY, addressing my problem about no help from day route drivers, she said she’d fix that.

We still got on road after 2:30 and I still had to concentrate on pups after 5. But she told me I’ll have 30 deliveries max plus pups. I’m aiming for 24.

I also asked if management training requires always blaming the driver.

My manager said things are cool.

falcon back

Why did it take 20 minutes between a completed stop and starting your break? You have five minutes to start your break after a stop and five minutes from end of break to the next stop. (Has anyone ever heard this? My manager hasn’t and she’s been around about 25 years.)
So you believe you can drive 20 minutes from your last stop until you begin your break? I guess you believe it's ok to drive 20 minutes AFTER you end your break to your next delivery. Maybe if you are in an extended area. How long have you been a courier? Does common sense come to mind?

MassWineGuy

Fair point. Short of just pulling over and doing nothing for 30 minutes, I wanted to go to the only bookstore in the region. Could’ve been faster. Or started break when I began driving there. If that’s a break.