Not Coding as Unattempted

yadig

My day yesterday began with a pleasant sit down with the SM. She was fresh out of croissants au chocolate so we had to rough it.

Summary:

Has any manager ever told you to wrongly code an 01? (Administrator doesn’t count).

You’re not working efficiently. (I did tell her that she, herself, couldn’t have done any better.)

Why did it take 20 minutes between a completed stop and starting your break? You have five minutes to start your break after a stop and five minutes from end of break to the next stop. (Has anyone ever heard this? My manager hasn’t and she’s been around about 25 years.)

And FINALLY, addressing my problem about no help from day route drivers, she said she’d fix that.

We still got on road after 2:30 and I still had to concentrate on pups after 5. But she told me I’ll have 30 deliveries max plus pups. I’m aiming for 24.

I also asked if management training requires always blaming the driver.

My manager said things are cool.
This is why I’m a RTD! I couldn’t put up with that bs! I can walk tomorrow and have a good paying job. The incompetence at the ramp provides a lot of overtime though.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My day yesterday began with a pleasant sit down with the SM. She was fresh out of croissants au chocolate so we had to rough it.

Summary:

Has any manager ever told you to wrongly code an 01? (Administrator doesn’t count).

You’re not working efficiently. (I did tell her that she, herself, couldn’t have done any better.)

Why did it take 20 minutes between a completed stop and starting your break? You have five minutes to start your break after a stop and five minutes from end of break to the next stop. (Has anyone ever heard this? My manager hasn’t and she’s been around about 25 years.)

And FINALLY, addressing my problem about no help from day route drivers, she said she’d fix that.

We still got on road after 2:30 and I still had to concentrate on pups after 5. But she told me I’ll have 30 deliveries max plus pups. I’m aiming for 24.

I also asked if management training requires always blaming the driver.

My manager said things are cool.
If you’re on an extended route, 20 minutes is pretty common. They don’t like it, but there’s nothing they can do. Always try to make your last stop before lunch the closest to where you’re taking your break. If you’re in town that’s a pretty long gap time. Don’t drive on your break. If you have an accident they could technically say you weren’t on the clock If they wanted to. And yes, I have heard of the five minute gap before and after break many times. I ignored it on my extended routes.

falcon back

Ok. Thanks. No break driving.
Nothing wrong with driving on break. I used to get haircuts, gone to the dentist, gone to funerals on lunch. All on my time.. People that say you aren't on the clock are worry warts. You are covered by insurance the minute you walk on company property, before and after clocking in. If you are driving that van, you are covered insurance wise. You just can't drive 20 minutes to lunch on a city rt.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So you believe you can drive 20 minutes from your last stop until you begin your break? I guess you believe it's ok to drive 20 minutes AFTER you end your break to your next delivery. Maybe if you are in an extended area. How long have you been a courier? Does common sense come to mind?
What do you care? You’re supposedly retired “enjoying the good life” but you spend it being a hemorrhoid.

falcon back

I’m just telling it like it is. If you don’t like it, tough crap.
stressed-man-screaming-frustrated-overwhelmed-steam-coming-out-up-head-portrait-young-isolated...jpg
Don't stress out. Maybe your fortunes will change.

Star B

White Lightening
If you’re on an extended route, 20 minutes is pretty common. They don’t like it, but there’s nothing they can do. Always try to make your last stop before lunch the closest to where you’re taking your break. If you’re in town that’s a pretty long gap time. Don’t drive on your break. If you have an accident they could technically say you weren’t on the clock If they wanted to. And yes, I have heard of the five minute gap before and after break many times. I ignored it on my extended routes.
I think the "5 minute rule" is basically a rule to sting serial abusers/idiots. If you don't put a line in the sand somewhere, you know there's going to be someone that thinks its okay to spend 15 minutes driving back home and then 15 minutes back to his route every day.

I live by the guideline of "plan your lunch break around where you are going to be and if you can't do that, be reasonable", unless you're in some state that has mandatory break times after 3 hours, etc. After living by that rule, the only time I've ever been talked about it was during the Memphis flavor of the months and a simple "I was here, my next stop was here, this was the closest place (it was) that had a bathroom and running water." and the issue was never brought back up.