Not enough Preloaders And Management Sucks - "On Topic"

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have had this in our center also. We have had up to 7 full time drivers start at 5 am. For pre load. Then do their route after. Ot starts at noon. Nice checks too. It will start again soon. Pt quit
Management are useless, the premium pay for a preloader... to train a second preloader is $1 extra. Why they prefer to "sink-or-swim" all of our former employees into quitting despite being understaffed... makes no sense.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Today is Monday and of course it's the start of the :censored2:-storm. I currently work in a small center with a bunch of other preloaders. The trailer that came in was 50% full. I had one guy loading two trucks and I was loading two trucks also. The problem today was that Management decided it was a good idea to close a route after we put a truck in.

So, then I had to work around that "closed" truck for the whole preload time and I got :censored2:ed on my two trucks that I was doing. I have to say it was a :censored2:-storm today and management sucks completely. Basically.. today it was 3 on one side loading trucks and just two on one side where I got completely :censored2:ed in between loading a closed truck in the middle.

Lesson learned today: Welcome to UPS and it doesn't get any better for any preloader no matter how hard you work and how hard you try to make this company successful.
TLDR

BuckyBadger

We have had this in our center also. We have had up to 7 full time drivers start at 5 am. For pre load. Then do their route after. Ot starts at noon. Nice checks too. It will start again soon. Pt quit
This is what's going on at our place too. It's what happens when you don't bothering to get the same pay at 705 at 15 bucks an hour. Good luck finding people that stay. Management hilariously discussed this morning working hard so they could sort who is going to stay from the seasonals. Hilarious because all of the seasonals are going to stay, even then we won't have enough

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Today is Monday and of course it's the start of the :censored2:-storm. I currently work in a small center with a bunch of other preloaders. The trailer that came in was 50% full. I had one guy loading two trucks and I was loading two trucks also. The problem today was that Management decided it was a good idea to close a route after we put a truck in.

So, then I had to work around that "closed" truck for the whole preload time and I got :censored2:ed on my two trucks that I was doing. I have to say it was a :censored2:-storm today and management sucks completely. Basically.. today it was 3 on one side loading trucks and just two on one side where I got completely :censored2:ed in between loading a closed truck in the middle.

Lesson learned today: Welcome to UPS and it doesn't get any better for any preloader no matter how hard you work and how hard you try to make this company successful.
When I was a preload sup and they cut a route for just a day, I kept the cut package car in the lineup and had a couple of experienced preloaders pull the packages and load them in the other PCs.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When I was a preload sup and they cut a route for just a day, I kept the cut package car in the lineup and had a couple of experienced preloaders pull the packages and load them in the other PCs.
Back then, you could take the cover off the wagon and unload the grain off the sides. Preload sups would normally take the oxen out to pasture in the meantime while the squires prepared the load for the next week long trip 15 miles away.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

We load 3-4 truck each daily. The last three days I’ve been loading 3 one of which is on the opposite side of the belt. They’re at the end but still, it’s ridiculous!