Not my Union

Trucker Clock

You bring a knife I bring a gun. You put one of mine in the hospital, I put one of yours in the morgue. I come from the land of hitters.

Knife.jpg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Please show me one person making mid $30s whose complaining that a part timer getting $21 is too much. Just one
There is a 31 -33 year parttimer at my building making mid $30s saying he is boring no because he is getting a $4.25 raise and a new employee is making $5.50.

Superteeth2478

I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exactly?
Okay, um, move or accept a lower standard of living. Everyone doesn't make the money to be living in LA or NYC. Why does the company have to account for your decision to live somewhere you couldn't afford to live without a professional degree or opting to live in a box?

BeachBoy

I actually spoke with someone from my local this morning and addressed my concerns about a last minute reduction in my current MRA, negating the benefits of the first years contractual raise.
He told me that according to Sean O'Brian, MRA's would be frozen and we would receive our raise on top of that.
We have a union meeting this weekend and I'll ask questions and get answers before I decide on my vote.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I'm blaming all y'all. You purported to be standing up for us long time part timers who can't get a full time position, but you cave and say, "oh, we'll give new hires a market wage". All you care about is our monthly dues paying for your fat lazy ass.
Blame yourself that the best you can do isn’t good enough for you.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I actually spoke with someone from my local this morning and addressed my concerns about a last minute reduction in my current MRA, negating the benefits of the first years contractual raise.
He told me that according to Sean O'Brian, MRA's would be frozen and we would receive our raise on top of that.
We have a union meeting this weekend and I'll ask questions and get answers before I decide on my vote.

:fantasysmiley:

Hate to tell you…no language on MRA’s … I didn’t see any in the TA either…

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Louisville news station claims local 89 was the 1 no vote. What's up with that?

What is the big issue down there…?

If they ever got their act together and voted as a group L89 could affect this TA, definitely affect the Central.

BobJ

Contract language does not stop UPS from eliminating MRA's. All it says is that UPS isn't being forced to take them away. It is entirely up to the company whether they stay or not.

Who here believes that corporate will keep MRA's on top of current raises? or for how long?

Remember, many of us saw how 22.4's can be exploited, but the Union assured us that they would keep an eye on it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Contract language does not stop UPS from eliminating MRA's. All it says is that UPS isn't being forced to take them away. It is entirely up to the company whether they stay or not.

Who here believes that corporate will keep MRA's on top of current raises? or for how long?

Remember, many of us saw how 22.4's can be exploited, but the Union assured us that they would keep an eye on it.
UPS will do what it wants unless checked. They always have.