NOT the Best Contract Ever

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
2- If you know there is a difference between profit and revenue don't treat them as interchangeable numbers. And if you think that 8.5% is such a huge number, then I guess you shouldn't be complaining about an assumed $4.50 wage increase in this contract since that equates to an increase of almost 16%.[/quote]

As each assumed increase comes on it is less than the typical inflation rate (3%). This works into a PAY CUT in terms of real dollars. :death: NO friend-ING THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Respect goes a long way in working together, rather than making accusations regarding UPS management.

Sadly, the number of managers that see things the same way you do are rapidly dwindling. Give it 10 years and this company will be run by the mean and incompetents many of us deal with everyday. Its starting here in Denver. It might take a little longer in the larger cities--Chicago, Boston, New York, etc but it'll happen. When that does....heaven have mercy because Big Brown will just be one more Corporate American conglomerate. -Rocky

Griff

None of this makes sense.
If they tighten the time study, they put more work on you. That means if the time study is wrong, then you work longer hours. More OT money in your pocket.

Running OT/overallowed is the only way to keep them honest. I was talking about BONUS drivers mainly, but people who run scratch get the bone IMO because scratch should be bonus in reality.

Route X they target 150 stops for an 8.5 day

Route X is now at 160 for an 8.5 day

Route X is up to 170 for an 8.5 day

(Obviously there is a lot more that goes into it than that, but I'm just giving an example.)

Someone please explain to me how that is not stealing from your employees? Once again, I'm talking about BONUS here.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
If your facts are true, there would be NO UPS. If you feel there are criminal acts committed by UPS, please take the time to contact your local police department or states attorney.

Integrity is the cornerstone of this organization. All UPSer's have a high degree of integrity in everything we do, from servicing every package, call tag and pick ups to managing the business. For those UPS'ers who choose to the wrong path, they usually aren't around for very long. Dishonesty will catch up with a dishonest employee.

Slightly off topic from the name of the thread, but as a retired UPS employee, I know what it takes to run this company from a management and hourly position.

Respect goes a long way in working together, rather than making accusations regarding UPS management.

All of us have a vested interest in UPS, with our ultimate goal of having a secure retirement for ourselves and our families, which is rare in today's business world.

There are not too many companies that are in the same league with UPS.

I can' let this one pass. Integrity from management? If there was then we might have non-fantasy related time studies and the guys going by the book wouldn't be harrassed. The only way you can beat these studies is to scam and compromise your integrity. I REFUSE to, after years of my reward being less bonus and more work. Management is fully aware of what goes on, approves of it, and abuses those that don't scam or are foolish enough to get caught. I never liked what I used to do and I will no longer compromise my integrity for them no matter the price. I doubt there will be any real work rule changes in this contract and that makes me sad/mad. Its going to be the same old story, same old song and dance

Last edited:

Johney

Is there competition overseas that could take our jobs------------have you heard of a company called Deutch Post , owned by the German P.O---which bought DHL---and Airborne-- and a huge 3rd party Logistics company--was it Excel------they would buy UPS if it was for sale!! If we want to remain competitive we need to look at the GM's of the world and how the union has tied their hands---more, more more---how much is enough?? I think I would like to see all UPSers share in the success of UPS--whether it is by stock price---dividends on UPS earnings.

I am glad that UPS and Teamsters have reached an agreement because it was time for FedEx and DHL to start stealing our volume away by threatening customeers----better switch volume now--we won't accept any new customers when UPS goes on strike like they did back in 97.................and believe me--there are customers that still hate UPS and the Teamsters for that
Your kidding right?

Channahon

I can' let this one pass. Integrity from management? If there was then we might have non-fantasy related time studies and the guys going by the book wouldn't be harrassed. The only way you can beat these studies is to scam and compromise your integrity. I REFUSE to, after years of my reward being less bonus and more work. Management is fully aware of what goes on, approves of it, and abuses those that don't scam or are foolish enough to get caught. I never liked what I used to do and I will no longer compromise my integrity for them no matter the price. I doubt there will be any real work rule changes in this contract and that makes me sad/mad. Its going to be the same old story, same old song and dance

All time studies are reviewed with UPS management prior to implementation. I can tell you I would not approve a time study I did not agree with, although a tough battle, it was. There was no way I was going to explain overallowed, with something I did not feel was right for the driver or center. You see it was all about realtionship buidling and taking care of your operation.

Thanks for your opinion and comments regarding UPS management.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
All time studies are reviewed with UPS management prior to implementation. I can tell you I would not approve a time study I did not agree with, although a tough battle, it was. There was no way I was going to explain overallowed, with something I did not feel was right for the driver or center. You see it was all about realtionship buidling and taking care of your operation.

Thanks for your opinion and comments regarding UPS management.
Ther has not been an I.E. time sudy on my route in 20 years. There has been growth and change over that time. 1 route to 3, two in the same area number while I am with the othe 4 areas that are not grouped with like with like stops. Management has changed the numbers using personal bias rather than any objective criteria. They do an overaladjustment and tell us it is because we never changed our numbers for scanning when we went on DIAD, and tell the union it is the EDD standards when we don't even have the system. It is all MANIPULATE AND INTIMIDATE here there is no such thing as mangement integrity it is a myth like big foot and the loch ness monster.:censored2:

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Management has changed the numbers using personal bias rather than any objective criteria. They do an overaladjustment and tell us it is because we never changed our numbers for scanning when we went on DIAD, and tell the union it is the EDD standards when we don't even have the system. It is all MANIPULATE AND INTIMIDATE here there is no such thing as mangement integrity it is a myth like big foot and the loch ness monster.:censored2:
I do know that management has integrity, most of them, but some are being backed against the wall to beat us up for underperformance when most of us are doing the same we always have, the same we did, with more experience now than then, yet cant make scratch anymore. To stand up to an invisible wall will surely mean their demise. You do what you have to and survive. They too have families, I understand that part. Ups mgmt isnt allowed to run its center like in the good old days.
But Loch Ness Monster, or Bigfoot? Thats a myth:sad::ohmy::confused:1???????????????