* Nov 24: National Opt Out Day!

moreluck

golden ticket member
FulleJ20101123_low.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Plenty of subtle threats on the news today concerning "Opt Out Day".

"Opt outers will cause delays" (Opt outers are bad citizens)
"No-ones guaranteed to make their flight" (Don't opt out or you'll miss Thanksgiving)
"People are just trying to get home to their families" (Opt outers vs good citizens)
"TSA has extra personnel including more State Police troopers" (Obey)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not traveling that day, but the airport is close by so maybe I'll drive up there early and go through the "opt out" line a couple times, scream and yell, cause a scene, etc :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not traveling that day, but the airport is close by so maybe I'll drive up there early and go through the "opt out" line a couple times, scream and yell, cause a scene, etc :happy-very:

Nice try but without a boarding pass you wouldn't get anywhere near a security checkpoint.

I certainly understand the frustration and they chose the perfect day to do this but I have a feeling that it will turn out to be a whole lot of nothing as those who try to opt out will be subject to the ire of those who just want to get through security.

over9five

Staff member
I imagine most of the opt outers will get there and decide it's not worth the hassle.

Of course, that is exactly why the TSA is putting everyone thru the groping sessions. Suddenly, the naked scanners won't seem so bad.

Obey

wkmac

Or you could just stand there like a lifeless zombie singing BB King's "The Thrill Is Gone!" I'm not flying anytime soon to my knowledge but this is exactly what I would do!
:wink2:

wkmac

I imagine most of the opt outers will get there and decide it's not worth the hassle.

Of course, that is exactly why the TSA is putting everyone thru the groping sessions. Suddenly, the naked scanners won't seem so bad.

Obey

Over,
I think that is exactly what will happen. Yesterday the news stories were veiled threats that people could miss their flights from delays and even could be told to remove themselves from the security area altogether and then loose their money on their ticket. It seemed to me yesterday to shift into a war of wills and I don't see the public that brave (even though they wrongly sing they live in the home of) but even if they cower and they will, I still hope it just builds a festering resentment and frustration that manifests in other areas. Longer term, the damage may be done but we'll have to see going forward how the public adjusts to the new lifestyle in the "Land of the free and home of the Brave!"

Osama bin Laden and da boyz have to be loving life and livin' large!

wkmac

James Loy, once the Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, became the first administrator at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). He claims that, while necessary, the TSA is not exactly what was envisioned when it was created in the aftermath of the September 2001 attacks.

He looks back and comments: “We armed pilots. We put in hardened cockpit doors. We did what we did at the checkpoints.”

Loy’s guarded approval of TSA doesn’t completely square with the decidedly negative view registered by Steve Elson, a veteran of the Federal Aviation Administration’s red team, which tests airport security, even prior to 9/11. An early TSA assignment had him test detection ability by taking weapons and bomb material secretly through airport security. He claims 100-percent success. What about now? Elson says, “As bad as security was back then, it’s worse now. [The TSA] is a big façade.” In 2006, security screeners at Los Angeles International failed to identify 75 percent of fake bombs, and 60 percent of similar fake material made it through Chicago O’Hare screeners.

A Look At The TSA

Looking at the rate of failure, is the new scanner/patdown system more about actual security enhancement to guide against a true threat assessment or more about protecting a totally incompetent system and even agency from a growing suspicious public?

If the underwear bomber was a year ago, why so long to do something or is Al Qeada working purely off a holiday schedule now? Maybe they figured out the UPS method of seasonal employment!

:wink2:

wkmac

As long as the head of the TSA, Long Dong Silver, refuses to get rid of the intrusive, possibly dangerous airport searches, how about requiring members of Congress to go through the same security screening in order to enter hallowed congressional office buildings?

Absolutely! Coulter is 100% dead on the money and I love the "Long Dong Silver" comment!

Ron Paul went through Patdown and spoke in front of the Congress about how bad the experience was and how far as a free country we'd gone downhill. It's just ashame that Ann for 8 years was more a State cheerleader and only as of Nov. 2008' found an antistate bone in her body. I just wonder if she'll keep it?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I was scanned.
Next time I am opting out.
I wish I would have thought about wearing the swimsuit, the string bikini, while in the TSA line

And I do plan to enjoy the public groping by another woman.

Is it too much to ask for tips from other people in line?
It would be a uniformed chick on helpless chick.....

Over....what do ya think?
Or am I too old to be desired?