November 1st, Welcome to Peak!!!

DTAHONDA

i think it just hit over here. worked 10 and a half hours today as a helper, with 350+ stops. im not complaining tho.. more hours the better :happy-very:

Do they kick you out right at 8 too?

No. I could be banking but I don`t want to. Why change now just because it`s their "Peak"?

Word is that volume is up 6% over last year yet I.E. wouldn`t ok 20 more drivers to cover it. I`m not going to kill myself to compensate for that kind of thinking.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
No sir you are wrong, and that is exactly what pisses me off!! Contractually all seniority drivers must be working before any helpers. So, if the higher seniority guys stop volunteering for days off, they have to find something for the cover drivers to do, even if it is to use them as helpers,(at their regular rate of pay by the way) so you are causing the problem by taking days off.

By the way I am a 22 year employee so don't think I don't have ample opportunity to go home!!
Use a full time cover driver as a helper,,huh,,nope ,not in central states they can however do the preload and reload shift for there 8 guarantee , but most drivers want a day off and most full time covers want to drive