NSN , Need apt number ... all missed now ?

rocket man

My boss wanted me to sign a new form about missed boxes , RTS , refuse to sign ! Why is my hub MAKING us sheet up all other non delivery as missed ? NSN , need apt number, need directions, anything like that has to be sheeted as missed now ? 20 + yrs of driving and I do NOT know how to do my job anymore :panicsmiley:. I HATE UPS !
20 years ? then you should know not to sign anything. next question

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
lol god what a ****storm that would be if every "need X" was sheeted as missed

200 missed in a day would turn heads at the district if not regional level

OptimusPrime

I really don't get this. I thought the only worse than than sheeting something as missed, was to not sheet it at all, and just bring it back to the building. And if it is really NSN, aren't they just going to put it back on car the next day, and the cycle will repeat?

bumped

The clerk is working way to many hours so they where told cut the clerks hours. In my center if sheet a pkg NSN, I get a message with the correct add Then told to go back and DEL

They tried that by me a few years ago, so I just sheeted it as my last stop of the day before driving in.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My hub pulls you in the office at end of year , they say " YOU had x many missed , X many late airs , X many sick days , etc ..... so that is why I care . I just HATE UPS , MY hub changes the rules every other week. What ever they want to "HIDE " for the week . Just like damaged boxes are missed ????? Thats just crazy !

They are more than welcome to pay me $45 an hour on OT to sit in an office and listen to them rattle off a bunch of statistics that I dont give a sh%t about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The clerk is working way to many hours so they where told cut the clerks hours. In my center if sheet a pkg NSN, I get a message with the correct add Then told to go back and DEL

Same here , so I told my clerk that management is STEALING from YOU ! SO she made a few phone calls and that stopped .

UPS is trying to taking care of the customer and you consider this to be stealing time from a clerk?! I do on-road address corrections all the time--that's what my cell phone and area knowledge are for.

Suppose it were your package--would you rather your driver go the extra step to make sure you get it the same day or would you be content to get it the next just to make sure a clerk gets his/her hours?

GolfCart

so its ok for my boss to load trucks to ? We have to stop management for working some how ? I always make address corrections on my route , but I do it , not my boss ! My hub does not care about customers , they just want less stuff brought back to hub . I NEVER EVER sign anything but paychecks and DOT stuff , RTS everything .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What difference does it make where the address correction comes from as long as the customer is taken care of?

I applaud this new technology (as does our PM clerk--she has enough work).

GolfCart

What difference does it make where the address correction comes from as long as the customer is taken care of?

SO , just let supervisiors do anything , Drive , load trucks , address correct ??????????? as long as cutomer is taken care of ....... when will it stop ?

menotyou

bella amicizia

Any movement of packages. If the correction is being done on the road by an hourly in order to service the customer, fine. Our PM clerk has more than enough work, also. But that is because they use the AM clerk to split, load, unload, and help. The position of splitter(who helped out instead of the clerk) was cut to make a number. That practice should be rewarded? I don't think so.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We lost our AM clerk position when the person who held that job retired several years ago.
Don't you think that added to the work load of the PM clerk? All the more reason to not reward them by allowing management to work in any fashion. I feel for the customer, but I think making sure someone has a job and can put food on the table is more important.

Little story. I am on Lyrica for the nerve pain I have from my injury. Liberty wants me to get it via home delivery. I'm trying it out. I had to call and reorder my script yesterday. It's an automated line. I got all the way to the end and it wants credit card info. NOT! This is a comp claim and in no way will they get my info. So, finally, I get to talk to a human. She asked me what the issue is. I explained what it was, and she practically begged me to skip that automated line as she likes feeding her family. HER WORDS!

Remember that, the next time you think it's ok for management to work, or you use the self-checkout at the store.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
How would you sheet need directions? That option was taken out of my centers diad years ago.

I personally sheet it as NSN or NSS and write on the pkg 'need directions'. If I don't do this the clerks tend to just throw it back on the truck the next day with 'good addy'. Doesn't do me any good when they do this.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
HA HA HA - they did that here too. It lasted for all of 2 weeks and now it doesn't happen anymore.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This policy seems eerily like we are trying to go the extra mile to provide service. There is no reason, with all of our technology and cell phones, to ever sheet a package "need directions". Someone in your Center knows where it is.

You've never been on a rural rte have you? :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
UPS is trying to taking care of the customer and you consider this to be stealing time from a clerk?! I do on-road address corrections all the time--that's what my cell phone and area knowledge are for.

Suppose it were your package--would you rather your driver go the extra step to make sure you get it the same day or would you be content to get it the next just to make sure a clerk gets his/her hours?

Does that include anything of value? We are no longer allowed to make on road address corrections with anything of value, like electronics. They have to be brought back to the center. Not joking, this was a PCM not to long ago.

I don't second guess anymore. I bring anything back that needs an address correction.