Obama in 08'

moreluck

golden ticket member
Heard on the news today that Obama's popularity is falling a bit, He went from 2nd to 3rd now. The news said he's a smoker......that's a big negative . Hard to fight for health care and clean air when you smoke yourself.

Slothrop

Heard on the news today that Obama's popularity is falling a bit, He went from 2nd to 3rd now. The news said he's a smoker......that's a big negative . Hard to fight for health care and clean air when you smoke yourself.
Doesn't Laura Bush smoke?

I may be missing something, but as of 1/10/07, Obama has not announced that he is running for POTUS in 2008.

So he's third in a race he's not yet started running in, trailing a former VP canidate and a former First Lady? Not too shabby. My guess is he doesn't run this time. Summer 2008 is a long way off, we'll see.

Clark/Richardson 2008 (Dream Team)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe they were just talking about those that were perceived to be thinking about running.

Laura Bush isn't relevent....she's not thinking about running for office, just back home to Texas to set up housekeeping.

Must you nitpick at every comment I make? I'm entitled to post my thoughts or report what I heard without you surgically disecting every word.....it's like talking to a teenager with you.....they just know it all !

Slothrop

mockrule said:
Must you nitpick at every comment I make? I'm entitled to post my thoughts or report what I heard without you surgically disecting every word.....
Likewise, I am entitled to respond to your posts. If you post, you must expect comment on your thoughts, otherwise remain silent.

any122

adirondack man
Doesn't Laura Bush smoke?

I may be missing something, but as of 1/10/07, Obama has not announced that he is running for POTUS in 2008.

So he's third in a race he's not yet started running in, trailing a former VP canidate and a former First Lady? Not too shabby. My guess is he doesn't run this time. Summer 2008 is a long way off, we'll see.

Clark/Richardson 2008 (Dream Team)
Obama has a better chance at becoming an actor considering thats what he does best or maybe a puppet.Republicans all the way in2008.
Ramney/Gulliani 2008 (Winning Team)

rngri4

Obama has thus gone out of his way to look good, speak well, dress well and most importantly take no position on any issue. As such he distinguishes himself from all other democratic candidates as someone who may be viable and certainly much less offensive then the band of idiots they have rolled out lately.

In fact he should be able to stand around look pretty and keep his mouth shut and run away with the democratic nomination.

Is anyone here really familiar with Obama...? His middle name is Hussein, the same as the guy with just hung....but yet that has thrown no warning flags. Nothing wrong with that in itself I guess, but has he ever answered the question of what religion he actually is? No, he has skirted the issue, he is nothing more than a moutpiece for feel goodism, and his book proves it, but he has never actually shown what his political stances are, and could be a real danger to America, no I don't think he would blow us up, that is insane, but since we don't know where he actually stands, how do we know he won't blow us up...good response also Tieguy.

over9five

Staff member
And REALLY, what kind of a first name is "Barack"??

How does this guy expect to ever be president? He needs a better name. Something that doesn't scream "TERRORIST"!!!!!

I'm thinking of this:

John Barack Wayne.

It's American with a cool edge. I like it. I'll vote for a man with a name like that!

moreluck

golden ticket member
over9five.....as soon as I looked at your name suggestion, my next thought was John Wayne Bobbitt.

Gotta come up with a better one......

satellitedriver

Looks like Obama is filing paperwork towards "going for it".
Heard on the radio he formed his commitee and filed today. As far as I can see, it will be who do we vote against ,not for. A fresh face sounds good, but I would rather see a strong backbone with a strong leadership quality.

govols019

You smell that?
Idiot. Obama is not a Muslim, he's a Protestant. He calls the Trinity United Church of Christ his home.

Do you cut the eyeholes in your sheets yourself or do you buy them that way?

rngri4

Idiot. Obama is not a Muslim, he's a Protestant. He calls the Trinity United Church of Christ his home.

Do you cut the eyeholes in your sheets yourself or do you buy them that way?

And you know that how? That is not public information, he has NEVER said what his religion is, and just because he attends a church doesn't mean he affirms to that religion. I have my tailor cut my holes, she cuts them straight, she has a problem she said with yours, too darn cross eyed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And you know that how? That is not public information, he has NEVER said what his religion is, and just because he attends a church doesn't mean he affirms to that religion. I have my tailor cut my holes, she cuts them straight, she has a problem she said with yours, too darn cross eyed.
In fact it is public information, you can read more about him here, if you're interested. Why would he regularly attend a church to which he does not belong? More to the point, why does his religion matter at all?

Personally, I prefer that politicians keep their faith a private matter, consistent with the wishes of our founding fathers.

over9five

Staff member
"..why does his religion matter at all?"

Are you high??? Of course his religion matters. Do you really think a Muslim would be elected President of the United states????

I don't think so.