Obama in 08'

govols019

You smell that?
And you know that how? That is not public information, he has NEVER said what his religion is

You do have the Internet, don't you? Just checking.

What about Mormons, Jews, Agnostics, or Atheists? Should they not be allowed to run for President?

Last edited:

Rafterman

Idiot. Obama is not a Muslim, he's a Protestant. He calls the Trinity United Church of Christ his home.

Do you cut the eyeholes in your sheets yourself or do you buy them that way?
Do your research before you answer back next time. He was raised a Muslim throught his childhood. Later in life he became a Christian. No I dont cut hole in hood's. After 9/11 I just cant trust any Muslim. Dont blame me, blame them....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"..why does his religion matter at all?"

Are you high??? Of course his religion matters. Do you really think a Muslim would be elected President of the United states????

I don't think so.

I never said his religion doesn't matter, obviously it matters to you. I asked why it matters. It was actually a rhetorical question as I'm already pretty sure of the answer. A muslim has already been elected to congress, so I'm not sure why you think it so far fetched that a muslim could be elected President. It won't happen this election for the simple reason that none of the prospective candidates happens to be muslim.

over9five

Staff member
"I asked why it matters."

Very well. It matters because voters such as myself wouldn't vote for a person whos religious preference seems to be the root cause of so much evil in the world. Those damn Muslim fanatics clutch that Koran very tightly as they're blowing people up, and beheading innocents. (Blow up children on a bus, go home and pray on the Koran. Makes me sick.)

"I prefer that politicians keep their faith a private matter..."

That's fine too, but I (the voter), would vote for the man who was open about his religious beliefs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From Fox News....The Big Story with John Gibson

Supposedly Hillary's people found out that Obama attended a Madrassa as a child. The place, Madrassa, conjures up negativity because that's where children are schooled to hate Americans.

A madrassa is an Islamic religious school. Many of the Taliban were educated in Saudi-financed madrassas .

Billary will definately let this info. leak out into America and plant more negativity about Obama. Barrack's gonna need a smoke after this!!

Slothrop

From Fox News....The Big Story with John Gibson

Supposedly Hillary's people found out that Obama attended a Madrassa as a child. The place, Madrassa, conjures up negativity because that's where children are schooled to hate Americans.

A madrassa is an Islamic religious school. Many of the Taliban were educated in Saudi-financed madrassas .

Billary will definately let this info. leak out into America and plant more negativity about Obama. Barrack's gonna need a smoke after this!!
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Barack Obama as Ideologically Muslim

Moreluck, do you have any idea what was being taught in Indonesian Muslim schools when Obama was 8 years old? Does John Gibson? Is spreading a lie the same as lying?
Look here for the opposing view:
Think Progress ? Obama Smeared As Former ‘Madrassa’ Student, Possible Covert Muslim Extremist

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, the Madrassa business came from the Hillary Camp as part of their strategic attack on Obama.....John Gibson is just reporting it.

Slothrop

Hey, the Madrassa business came from the Hillary Camp as part of their strategic attack on Obama.....John Gibson is just reporting it.
Moreluck, quit already. That's not where the story came from. John Gibson is a tool, not a news reporter. The entire thing was debunked days ago by a real reporter, from a real news copmany.

Leave it alone, when you're in a hole, 'keep on digging' is not a sound strategy.:lol:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I wonder if John Gibson knows he's not a news reporter??

I think, he thinks he is and his bio. says so.

Goodnight David. Goodnight Chet. Goodnight Slopthro......you give it up!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
CNN debunks false report about Obama

I thought this was funny:

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton."

Obama has written two books, both of which mention that he attended a muslim school as a child, yet Insight apparently needed an "unnamed source" to figure it out?

Insight, by the way, is owned by the Washington Times, the local conservative paper which in turn is owned by the Rev Sun Myung Moon. This sort of crank reporting is pretty much par for the course for them.

Calling John Gibson a reporter is a bit of a stretch in my opinion (ok it's a BIG stretch:wink:), he seems more interested in telling people what to think, which is what I suspect he gets paid for. When CNN heard this story they did what a news organisation is supposed to do, the investigated it. What a concept :laugh:.

Slothrop

This is the memo put out by the Senators office:

In the past week, many of you have read a now thoroughly-debunked story by Insight Magazine, owned by the Washington Times, which cites unnamed sources close to a political campaign that claim Senator Obama was enrolled for “at least four years” in an Indonesian “Madrassa”. The article says the “sources” believe the Madrassa was “espousing Wahhabism,” a form of radical Islam.
Insight Magazine published these allegations without a single named source, and without doing any independent reporting to confirm or deny the allegations. Fox News quickly parroted the charges, and Fox and Friends host Steve Doocy went so far as to ask, “Why didn’t anybody ever mention that that man right there was raised — spent the first decade of his life, raised by his Muslim father — as a Muslim and was educated in a Madrassa?”
All of the claims about Senator Obama raised in the Insight Magazine piece were thoroughly debunked by CNN, which, instead of relying on unnamed sources, sent a reporter to Obama’s former school in Jakarta to check the facts.
If Doocy or the staff at Fox and Friends had taken [time] to check their facts, or simply made a call to his office, they would have learned that Senator Obama was not educated in a Madrassa, was not raised as a Muslim, and was not raised by his father – an atheist Obama met once in his life before he died.
Later in the day, Fox News host John Gibson again discussed the Insight Magazine story without any attempt to independently confirm the charges.
All of the claims about Senator Obama’s faith and education raised in the Insight Magazine story and repeated on Fox News are false. Senator Obama was raised in a secular household in Indonesia by his stepfather and mother. Obama’s stepfather worked for a U.S. oil company, and sent his stepson to two years of Catholic school, as well as two years of public school. As Obama described it, “Without the money to go to the international school that most expatriate children attended, I went to local Indonesian schools and ran the streets with the children of farmers, servants, tailors, and clerks.” [The Audacity of Hope, p. 274]
To be clear, Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ in Chicago. Furthermore, the Indonesian school Obama attended in Jakarta is a public school that is not and never has been a Madrassa.
These malicious, irresponsible charges are precisely the kind of politics the American people have grown tired of, and that Senator Obama is trying to change by focusing on bringing people together to solve our common problems.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lets see John Gibson vs Wolf Bitzer...
Who cares?
I would like to see some possible candidates come forward.....
Obama is a poster child for any party. He is well spoken, well dressed and reasonably handsome, and has a smile that is gorgeous.
Trouble is, he isnt qualified to run a country, what he says usually is wrong, just because he speaks well does not make him qualified. I dont care if he was raised in a madrassa or a brothel. He is too young, not seasoned to the reality of the world, and I wouldnt be comfortable.
yes Hillary is experienced, performing very well holding in her rage, but do you want a woman who cant control a husband to run your country? And she yells too much for me. I have to shut her off.
Ill vote for a woman or a minority, I dont care. Id love to see a woman, or a minority, who will keep us safe, run. Id vote for them.

give me someone who has insight, not just rhetoric. Someone who has a plan, a vision based on education in world matters. WE all hate the war, but who has the answer, none of the 19 or so registered to run.
Webb is well spoken also, does that mean he could be a possible candidate? He speaks very well, isnt he a writer?..........Of childrens books....
I would like to see someone who will protect our borders. Put in the fair tax, cut the welfare and entitlements, throw the kids in special schools that cause problems, and let teachers deal with those children who will excel, and want to learn. Cut off aid to any family who has a child drop out of school. Keep the terrorists abroad, and out of my country. Send all the illegals home who are not working, and make the ones that are here and working , assimilate to the US, or leave also. Give up all allegiances to any country but this one if you want to be here.
Lets ask for a candidate who will work for us, instead of one who wants us to work for them. Let us be free to do what we want, and try to reverse this trend of the govt trying to tell us how to raise our children, live our lives, and suck every cent out of us that they can, to promote more social programs that have failed so miserably. Hey its an opinion board, thats my opinion.

Slothrop

toonertoo,
I'd like to address a few points you made in your post #76.

I would beg to differ with your portrayal of Obama as a ‘poster child’ for any political party. Obama is, if nothing else, his own person. He would be seven years younger than G W Bush was when he became POTUS, and has vastly more experience than GWB had when he was elected. I would venture he also has a better grasp of the ‘reality of the world’ thank the Connecticut cowboy ever had. He was definitely not set up in every position he’s held by his ‘poppy’. It would be hard to argue that he’s not far better qualified to represent America than most of the recent choices.

That being said, he’s not my choice. I would definitely put him in a position of power in the new administration though.

Jim Webb is a writer, but not of children’s books. Not by any definition.

There are more problems with the Fair Tax than I care to get into. Read both sides and make up your own mind.

As for an ideal choice for President? I would like someone who strives to make the world better for every family, not just his; and who realizes that we are all on the same boat, and if we don’t exercise a wee bit of wisdom, the dang boat is gonna sink.

If the economy is not changed from an oil based economy, and corporate law rolled back 150 years, we are all doomed in any case.

I almost hate to say it, because he’s not at the top of my list, but the ‘new’ Al Gore might be the best choice for the entire world.

Ok, let the arrows fly!

Toonertoo, you are from Ohio, right? What do you think about those folks going to jail for tampering with the election results in 2004? Wouldn’t be something if G W Bush really stole both elections?

Bet the perch and walleye in Lake Erie would be healthier if Gore was President.
I’m still a Wesley Clark man, myself. I think he’s a good choice for America at this juncture, though Gore would be a great Sec of Interior or Energy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
All candidates take "flowery language 101" in college. The hard part, when listening to candidates, is cutting away the sayings, quotes, cliches and BS and trying to get to the meat of their message. Sadly, the audience better be vegetarians because there's usually no meat to be had.

This was a neutral statement. It is true of every politician no matter what their affiliation. Don't fall for the perfume that reeks from any of the candidates.

Slothrop

All candidates take "flowery language 101" in college. The hard part, when listening to candidates, is cutting away the sayings, quotes, cliches and BS and trying to get to the meat of their message. Sadly, the audience better be vegetarians because there's usually no meat to be had.

This was a neutral statement. It is true of every politician no matter what their affiliation. Don't fall for the perfume that reeks from any of the candidates.
So what's your suggestion? Shall we stay the course, or chart a new course? Are you still for Rudy in '08?

PS -- Love the new avatar, what are you smoking out in CA?

Last edited: